FRPP limited slip

big c johnson

Aug 3, 2010
does anybody run a limited slip on a daily driver? Im thinking on getting new gears after I get my supercharger on and when Im getting the gears done I figured since Im getting the supercharger Ill need more traction and while there back there doing gears it would be a good time for that but I was talking to a co-worker who is a fellow mustang enthusist and he was telling me I wouldnt want that on a car I dont take to the strip all the time because it would be a pain around turns. which I could understand because my 65 fastback likes to squeal a little when I make a turn much over35 mph but I was wondering what everybody else thought

• Sponsors (?)

All V8 equipped mustangs since the mid '80s have limited slip differentials from the factory. What I believe you are referring to is a locked rear or a spool.This type of rear is strictly for drag racing and is completely unsuitable for street use other then an occasional cruise night or meet. This type of rear basically eliminates the differential function of the rear end, so that both tires will always rotate at the same speed. This will cause the outside tire to hop or drag when going around turns.
Not something you want. So unless you are taking your car off the street and making it a track car don't do it.