Frustrated, require bolt sizes

xr8d302

I bought a 27" monitor to compensate for my lack o
Apr 29, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Of all things that are holding me back from completing my build, I can't find the damn bolts that hold the front accessories on. Can anybody tell me what sizes they are (probably all different) so I can reorder them and finish this thing?

Thanks in Advance,

Aaron

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks....I'm quite stupid. With a build that went on this long....bolts moved places, bolts went missing...it's being a pain in the ass

Would a company like Summit sell a full kit for putting an engine like this together?

No, they don't send bolt kits for this car. Most of those ARP bolt kits are mix matched kits that really don't help. There are only a few bolts holding those accesory brackets on. The only bolt that's a problem is the bolt that holds the tensioner in, that's a very specific bolt that's going to be hard to find. For the rest of them, just go to Ace Hardware, and pick out the bolts you need by length and thread.

As for loosing bolts, that goes without saying, we all lose stuff. I have recently switched to the Hillshire Farm method of bolt organization. GO MEAT!!! Everytime you purchase a quality sandwich meat product from Hillshire Farm, you get a free tuperware container. These containers essentially cost you nothing, and therefore make excellent organization boxes, that are not only transparent for easy identification of contents, they are also stackable which saves room in your work space. Ziplock bags are the more common alternative, but cost money, and are not stackable.

Kurt

Just go to lowes/home depot and pick them up in grade 8. Thats what i did some years back.

Dont worry about specific lengths. Just grab a bunch that are close and return the others. Home depot and lowes are really great about returns.

As for loosing bolts, that goes without saying, we all lose stuff. I have recently switched to the Hillshire Farm method of bolt organization. GO MEAT!!! Everytime you purchase a quality sandwich meat product from Hillshire Farm, you get a free tuperware container. These containers essentially cost you nothing, and therefore make excellent organization boxes, that are not only transparent for easy identification of contents, they are also stackable which saves room in your work space. Ziplock bags are the more common alternative, but cost money, and are not stackable.

Kurt

Great idea kurt ;)

Aww man, I could have gotten all of these exact sizes to you a few days ago when I spent ALL day searching around looking for those stupid bolts I pulled back in '05. Now it's all put back together since I found them. I tried searching SN that day because I was ready to go to Ace, but had no easy way of sizing them.

Bear in mind that there are TWO thread diameters you need and multiple lengths. They are all flanged bolts. What I ended up doing was rummaging through a bunch of bolts to find ones that fit the threads (even pulled one from the back of the motor), then was ready to take the brackets into Ace to determine the lengths when I found all the bolts in my old toolbox. I feel your pain dude. I was searching for hours for bolt kits for our cars and found nothing.

We should add bolt size info to the stickied threads in tech . . .

Bad timing John! That would have been extremely useful! Now I just need to find somebody who's still got their engine torn out haha

I agree on the sticky idea too! :nice:

I've got my engine torn apart right now, but it will be a few days until I get back to it. I'll be home Saturday. I'll measure them up and let you know if you don't have an answer by then.

Kurt