Frustrating Brake Problem-need help

ShadowFist

Dec 1, 2005
Old Miltia
I have 72 Mach I with front disc and rear drum brakes. I did a complete brake overhaul with oem calipers,wheel cylinders, master cylinder and a couple of front brake flex lines. Bled all components and everything worked great for several weeks. Put car up on jacks to do body work and 6 months later discovered the brake pedal went to the floor with little or no resistance.
Checked system resevoir and found the fluid in the front brake chamber cloudy. Drained and replaced fluid and found a small lead object shaped like a plug about the size of two bb's. Have no idea how it got there or if it is part of the new MC but I still cant get a good bleed on the fronts. Fluid drips out of bleeders but wont bleed properly.
Discovered that when i went to refill resevoir the front brake chamber was full of air bubbles and cloudy due to airation. Also discovered that when ever the brakes are pumped with a closed system that the front brake resevoir chamber is full of bubbles again.
I think maybe the front brake part of the MC is faulty and just recirulating its own fluid and mixing with the little bit of air that is trapped in the MC when its capped. Out of Ideas and getting frustrated. Please help if you can.

• Sponsors (?)

THis has come up before. If you have no pressure to the front brakes, the safety pin in the distribution block has shifted to block the front brake lines. Or something was defective in the new MC and broke loose and clogged the cylinder. Seems extream, but ifyou have some debris, it's possible I guess. Can you get any pressure if you crack the line right at the MC? THat will determine the problem between the MC and the distribution block.