FTI and trick flow, not a bad way to spend 2000$

Well, I finally got the delivery,
Trick Flow Twisted Wedge Heads from Summit
FTI cam from Ed Curtis with
Billet timing chain
new lifters
and gaskets
1.6 Scorpion roller rockers
New spring and seals for the heads to match the cam.
Install begins saturday morning, hoping for deep 12's obviosly with all other mods. Will report back with a "seat of the pants' report

• Sponsors (?)

Wow...seems like Ed's cams are more popular than ever, I'm seeing everybody getting them.

Couple of ?'s
Why the new lifters? Ed told me not to spend the money on them for my car with @ 65k miles and said he's got cars with over 100k miles using stock lifters just fine. Do you have high miles?

What intake do you have?

Entire combo etc...?

94DreamGT said:
Wow...seems like Ed's cams are more popular than ever, I'm seeing everybody getting them.

Couple of ?'s
Why the new lifters? Ed told me not to spend the money on them for my car with @ 65k miles and said he's got cars with over 100k miles using stock lifters just fine. Do you have high miles?

What intake do you have?

Entire combo etc...?

Well with his car being a 92 it probably has some miles on it...it is always a good idea to replace the lifters while your "down there"...there only $110 bucks or so and good "insurance"... :nice:

Yeah I want to hear your "seat of the pants" report...

this is off topic and i dont know y im saying this i just thought you guys should know. a friend of mine ordered the track heat kit out of summit. (i will be going with this kit as soon as i get my taxes back) it is everything the kit comes with and he upgraded TB, MAF, and fuel pump. his first time at the track in his 2800 lb coupe he ran a 11.90!!!!!!! I know for sure im going with this kit. ill prolly run slower in my vert but low 12's will be good enough for all motor, that is until i slap on that 150 shot of giggle gas. :D just though i would let u know. anyways..............

91gt5.0 said:
this is off topic and i dont know y im saying this i just thought you guys should know. a friend of mine ordered the track heat kit out of summit. (i will be going with this kit as soon as i get my taxes back) it is everything the kit comes with and he upgraded TB, MAF, and fuel pump. his first time at the track in his 2800 lb coupe he ran a 11.90!!!!!!! I know for sure im going with this kit. ill prolly run slower in my vert but low 12's will be good enough for all motor, that is until i slap on that 150 shot of giggle gas. :D just though i would let u know. anyways..............

11.90's is good :nice: ...but your car (like you said) weighs more...probably around 34-3500..maybe a tad more...so you would most likely get a mid12 or so :shrug: I want to hear what you think of it when you get it on though :flag:

David

I figured I might as well just change the rollers as long as im in there, I have to change the pushrods anyway so I figured it was good insurance. My set up is:
302,gt40 intakes ported,65mm TB,80mm pro M,walbro 255 fp,30lb injectors,FPR+gauge,1.6 scorpions on updated TFTW heads, FTI cam, no smoggy or air, pulleys, shorty egual length headers, BBK CAI, performance distributors set up(wires,cap rotor, coil and dyna mod) O/r h pipe,flows,Lentech street terminator trans w/strip valve body,hammer shifter and 2800 stall,alum. driveshaft to rebuilt rear with 4.30 gears, hardened axles and 28 inch MT/ET drags.of course gauges, subframes, BBK progressive springs,upper and lower control arms, koni adjustables, battery relocated and all the freebies..........oh yeah a little squirt thanks to nitrous works.....