Fuel Efficiency Tips

abessey226

Feb 12, 2018
Just a place to drop tips on ways you’ve found to make your SN95 more fuel efficient! Please, none of the generic crap (remove the spare tire, brake slower, accelerate slower) we’ve all heard that a million times already. I’m excited to see what you all can come up with!

• Sponsors (?)

Ford while not perfect put a lot of money and time into getting the best mileage and emissions so the generics are about all there is, unless you like to believe in the "snake oil" suppositions you see. I have had friends asking the same thing and when you look at their ride the air filter is dirty, tires low etc etc. I DD a ZX2 and save the GT(and gas) for when I want to drive it. Best of both worlds.

Reactions: 1 user
Fuel savings and performance can go hand in hand. There is plenty of snake oil out there (avoid that). For the engine just help it breathe easier with the most efficient air intake / exhaust possible.

Beyond that weight savings is the best way to go (I like to keep all my trim so these are the items i’m working on cost to save weight):
1) k member + coilovers (shopping)
2) alum driveshaft (done)
3) alum flywheel (done)
4) light weight seats (done)
5) aluminum block (shopping)

I look for smile per miles when I drive my mustang.

Or any car really. My DD can get 31MPG highway, but I have to drive it like a granny to do so. Instead, I drive it like an a hole and as a result get 22MPG :)

But seriously, with MFG's striving to get every single MPG they can, there's not much to improve on. There are performance parts to help the engine breathe a little better, but you need to do the cost-analysis on that to determine if it's worth spending $1K in exhaust work when the extra MPG you gain won't begin to pay off until 5 years down the road.