Fuel leak. Hard line is cracked. How to replace? Did search already-no luck. Help!!!!

gruvee87vertgt

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 7, 2003
Chicago, Il
Thanx for looking.

The fuel line (I am not sure which one of the two) is cracked. It's cracked where it's being held to the frame, under the regulater (I think). It's cracked before where the rubber hoses meet.

How do I change this? where do I buy the part? what's is called? it's leaking pretty bad when the car is on.

Also, why does it appear there is electrical tape where the rubber hose and the metal lines meet?

Thanx again. any guidance is greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I'm not sure if you're talking about the front or back of the car.
"regulator" makes me thing you're referring to the engine bay.
"frame" makes me think you're referring to the back near the tank. Either way, one option you have if it's the lines at the tank is a ful line repair kit from a parts store, about $20, which you will cut, soak the hard lines in ht water, connect, then shrink wrap or something.
Another option is to buy that length of hose w/ both fittings as an assembly from Ford for $137, if it's the lines at the rear of the car.
Lastly, you can use high pressre fuel hose (very cheap), and strip back the rubber part on the outside of the hard part, fit the rubber hose over that, and clamp it down on there, but not so hard that you break it.
Again, these are all assuming that it's the back of the car...

Im guessing you are talking about the crossover lines, (grey in color). Ive got the same problem, the outer is grey protective cover and there is a hard rubber/plastic line inside it. My problem was on the front one though. Mine became brittle and broke, Im tracking down a used set of fuel rails, I had wondered also if using small hose clamps and sections of high pressure fuel line would be ok. I think i'll just get a used set of rails. Try this place for a used set.
http://www.antigoautosalvage.com or you can try ebay