Fuel line size

Just replaced the sending unit and noticed the exit was 3/8". My line is 5/16" and was wondering if anyone ran 3/8" all the way to the carb and if it made any difference. Newly rebuilt 289 with Edelbrock Performer Package (600 cfm carb), with Jegs manual fuel pump (not hp), .040, built heads guessing around 275 hp. Is it worth the hassle to run 3/8"?
Thanks,
Duane

• Sponsors (?)

one more question

Any ideas on a slight hesitation when barely applying throttle? Just start to hit the gas and it doesn't want to go. After you get past it she'll scream the rest of the way. This happens when barely applying throttle at 20 mph or 70 mph. Maybe play with the fuel/air ratio?

blue65coupe said:
Any ideas on a slight hesitation when barely applying throttle? Just start to hit the gas and it doesn't want to go. After you get past it she'll scream the rest of the way. This happens when barely applying throttle at 20 mph or 70 mph. Maybe play with the fuel/air ratio?
if its a Edelbrock carb, you can make the hesitation better, but the carbs are known for that. Try adjusting the accelerator pump shot.I traded mine for a Holley years ago.