fuel pressure adjustment 19 or 30lb injectors.

Yeah I looked into a moates quarterhorse, seems no one on here likes them, but I can tune and refine with it fairly cheap.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Yeah I looked into a moates quarterhorse, seems no one on here likes them, but I can tune and refine with it fairly cheap.
Who are you referring to that doesn't like them? Excellent, cost-effective tuning hardware - multi-channel, data-logging, all the bells & whistles needed. The software is separate completely and is also pretty great (Binary Editor). I'm not sure what there is not to like, I'd be curious. There's megasquirt guys who are kind of a cult, and carb-lovers which I can't quite understand in 2020 (even old 60's clunkers are going to EFI) but I can't think of any rational (i.e. non-religious) reason one would hate the Moates hardware.

Who are you referring to that doesn't like them? Excellent, cost-effective tuning hardware - multi-channel, data-logging, all the bells & whistles needed. The software is separate completely and is also pretty great (Binary Editor). I'm not sure what there is not to like, I'd be curious. There's megasquirt guys who are kind of a cult, and carb-lovers which I can't quite understand in 2020 (even old 60's clunkers are going to EFI) but I can't think of any rational (i.e. non-religious) reason one would hate the Moates hardware.
Something about still running an old ecu(old caps).

That's a point I guess, but that's a bit like throwing your watch away because it needs a new battery.
http://support.moates.net/capacitor-repair-ford-a9l-ecm/ - not a big deal if you're even halfway handy and about $10 in 3 capacitors.
That link's for the A9L, but the T4M0 is pretty much the same iirc. For $10 you'll likely get another 25 years of solid service out of the PCM.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users