Fox Fuel Pump Ideas

PIMTOUT

Founding Member
Apr 22, 2002
kingsford,mi
Hey Guys, I need to replace my fuel pumps. This is and old system I have used for years. 255 in tank and a T-rex. The question I have is, Is this still the way to go or is there a better in tank pump I can just use and remove the T-rex? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Not knowing much about your setup and the HP ratings you are putting out I can make an assumption that you are boosted with the T-Rex. With that in mind and the growing usage of E-85 you can now swap out the 255 for a 340lph pump. This should then be able to easily supply the needed fuel without the additional assistance of the T-Rex.

Thats what I was kinda hoping to do. The 255 and T-rex worked just fine for years. But to replace both costs way more than just going with the 340 in tank. I was just curious if it would be about the same fuel delivery. Is one better than the other? Dss pro Bullit 306,AFR 185, b31 cam, 38 lbl injectors,proM80. Vortec S trim. 14-15 lbs @6200

Here is a wacky thought for an OEM 340 in tank pump. I grabbed one from a Lincoln LS. At the time I looked up the specs on rockauto and it listed the pump at 340. I did have to modify the pump bracket in the tank as the Lincoln pump is larger diameter. It was a used pump and has been in there for 3 years now with no issues.

• Surprised
Reactions: 2 users