fuel system upgrade help!

May 9, 2011
Ne
i have a 88 foxbody that us turbo'd and has a aod. im looking to make around 500hp for the time being. my fuel system as of right now is 42lb injectors and a holley 255 fuel pump plus a adj fuel pressure reg. what will i have to upgrade to meet my goal and still have room to make more power?
plus what is better for me to get, a 03-04 cobra tank or a aeromotive sumped tank, they both are around the same price. how much money am i looking to spend here as well to beable to have a fuel system to support the power i want to make?

• Sponsors (?)

How much power is it making now? What other mods do you have? How much boost are you making?

I don't think you need an 03/04 Cobra tank. I'm not sure how that conversion would go anyway. I also don't think a sumped tank is needed but I'm not too sure (feel free to chime in everyone). I would think that larger fuel rails are all you would need in addition to the parts you listed. Also a fuel pressure gauge.

Fuel rails will be the first thing to hold you back, the large injectors tend to suck up more volume then the stock raisl can hold in the mid to upper rpm range. That being said youll then have to go to a off the rail style fuel regulator and atleast braided lines to connect into the stock feed and return lines. Plan on about $650 for that...to go to a complete system with a Behind Bars Tank (best out IMO, had way to many Aeromotives leak and I hate welding in sumps in tanks that have had gas in them) fuel rails, regulator, pump and braided lines and fittings around $2000. That system will feed 1300hp+

I have a few packages if your intrested let me know if I can help ;) I typically start thinking rails in the 500hp range

well i got afr 185 heads, holley system maxx, unknown cam, 306. i have a 70mm magnum turbo. no dyno numbers as im in the middle of swaping the turbo. i also was looking in to one of these.
http://www.highflowfuel.com/i-71991...hanger-pickup-with-an-fittings-1979-1995.html
but if i can get away with after maket rails and a different fuel pressure regulator thats what i will do for now. what fuel regulator would you recommend?