Paint and Body Full Floor Pan

Davedacarpainter

Chicks can make things hard if they’re inspired...
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia
Alright everybody, I've been doing some thinking (it's all i can afford at the moment:eek:).

Work is seemingly picking up again, Lord I hope it is. This means money finally.

I've searched and searched for a video or an informative build on a complete floor pan replacement. No joy.

Why would I replace my entire floor pan to include the transmission hump?

Well, first off the V6 in Roby will be history once he's home. I decided my red car's engine and T5 will be going in the blue car. I would need, at least, the transmission hump for the blue car.

Second, the pan offered at LMR https://lmr.com/item/LRS-11135MP/1979-93-Mustang-Full-Floor-Pan-Manual-Transmission Has the brackets needed to bolt things like seats and seat belts already welded on it. Sure, I still want to add the seat reinforcements https://lmr.com/item/LRS-11135RP/79-93-Mustang-Floor-Pan-Reinforcement-Panel, but other than the seat crossmember it has everything.

It would be good for you to understand the shift in my view of Roby. Since my wife decided we couldn't wait any longer to get my son a car, the time clock for Roby has stopped ticking. He'll get a smoothed engine bay, sfc's, torque box reinforcements, etc....(no mini-tubbing, so shut up Chris @RaggedGT ).

Anyhow, anybody seen a full write up on the full pan replacement?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Alright everybody, I've been doing some thinking (it's all i can afford at the moment:eek:).

Work is seemingly picking up again, Lord I hope it is. This means money finally.

I've searched and searched for a video or an informative build on a complete floor pan replacement. No joy.

Why would I replace my entire floor pan to include the transmission hump?

Well, first off the V6 in Roby will be history once he's home. I decided my red car's engine and T5 will be going in the blue car. I would need, at least, the transmission hump for the blue car.

Second, the pan offered at LMR https://lmr.com/item/LRS-11135MP/1979-93-Mustang-Full-Floor-Pan-Manual-Transmission Has the brackets needed to bolt things like seats and seat belts already welded on it. Sure, I still want to add the seat reinforcements https://lmr.com/item/LRS-11135RP/79-93-Mustang-Floor-Pan-Reinforcement-Panel, but other than the seat crossmember it has everything.

It would be good for you to understand the shift in my view of Roby. Since my wife decided we couldn't wait any longer to get my son a CHICKS car, the time clock for Roby has stopped ticking. He'll get a smoothed engine bay, sfc's, torque box reinforcements, etc....(no mini-tubbing, so shut up Chris @RaggedGT ).

Anyhow, anybody seen a full write up on the full pan replacement?

Since there is no clock on Roby,and he's getting Dobys drivetrain. Does the mean Roby will be the Super nice show quality DD and Doby will be the also Super Nice Fire spewing -Tire melting- Hot rod he was destined to be?

Since there is no clock on Roby,and he's getting Dobys drivetrain. Does the mean Roby will be the Super nice show quality DD and Doby will be the also Super Nice Fire spewing -Tire melting- Hot rod he was destined to be?
More or less. I won't have a show quality car one way or the other. I've worked on show cars in the past, and they were beautiful. I couldn't bring myself to drive them daily though.

Both will be hot, don't get me wrong. Doby will be the badass though. They both will be driven, as is right in God's eyes.

Reactions: 2 users
I could have sworn I saw a video by CJ Pony parts of them doing a full floor replacement on a convertible.

Please do a full write up with LOTS of pictures when you do the floor pan.

I could have sworn I saw a video by CJ Pony parts of them doing a full floor replacement on a convertible.

Please do a full write up with LOTS of pictures when you do the floor pan.
I looked at there stuff, all they have to offer is like LMR, a description of the panel. They have one on the crossmember though.

Whenever it happens, I will. Seems to be an area that is lacking out there. Luckily i'll need to be changing out the fuel lines and brake lines when I do this.

Reactions: 1 users