Fun with +0mm offset Bullitt wheels

yeah, but if they are all 17x9's and the front two have a 1 inch spacer...wouldint that be like pushing them out 1 inch from suspension stuff?? i dont think it would hang outside the fender....its so hard to say until you can try them on...which requires gambling money...kinda.

the ones on mustangtuning.com are the same ones on showrides.net and also same price. 17x9 polished bullits.

so 5.95 backspacing and +24mm offset with 1" spacers in the front they will or wont work??

• Sponsors (?)

I've got a set of them on my 68 coupe and am happy with them. I did have to roll the fender lips front and back however. The price was certainly right and they look sharp. I'm running 245/45's on them currently.

68Restoman

Sorry, I was replying to the original topic regarding the Bullitt replicas. I've got the 0mm offset 17x8 Bullitts on my 68.

As far as rolling the fenders, I did mine at home using a wood baseball bat and a helper...

68Restoman

SHIFTY101EASY said:
so 5.95 backspacing and +24mm offset with 1" spacers in the front they will or wont work??

No. A 9" wide wheel will not fit on the front.

The 17x9 w/+24 with a 1" spacer will stick out approximately 1.25" further than the front wheels shown in the pics of my car above.

shift101:

While I agree it'd look better with tires, they still seem out way too far for a rim size that shouldn't be pushing the edge. :) I got the wheels from www.customwheelsmarket.com - so far they have been pretty cool to deal with, they are offering to take the wheel back with no restocking fee.

BIG-MAC:

If those are pics with 17x10s and 295s, got any updated pics of the 17x9s with 275s? That's the size I'd love to go with ...

68restoman:

Got any pics? :)

SHIFTY101EASY said:
ok but i thought the other guy just said 9" wont fit right and will stick out?

The 9's will not fit the front but they will fit the back of a 67/68.

Something else to consider when comtemplating wheel specs is the desired ride height. Typically the lower car the smaller the wheel tire combo unless the chassis is modified. IMO cars running 17" and 18" wheels with wide low profile tires need to be lowered or they look goofy.

atomicpunk said:
shift101:

68restoman:

Got any pics? :)

I took a couple for you this morning, not the greatest because of the lighting but hopefully helpful. They actually fit pretty well really, I'm not sure what you are expecting with that size wheel on this type of car...

68Restoman

519500_62_full.jpg

519500_63_full.jpg

68restoman said:
I took a couple for you this morning, not the greatest because of the lighting but hopefully helpful. They actually fit pretty well really, I'm not sure what you are expecting with that size wheel on this type of car...

68Restoman

Yours look a good bit more tucked under than mine was. I'm not expecting a lot, but I decided I can do better. I'm not entirely sure why mine don't seem to fit as well as others, but agree with other posters that 17x8s seem to be better with 5" or more backspace. :)

Thanks for the pics!

BIG-MAC said:
Thanks...in those pics the car still has 18x10's and 295/35's on the back. This rubbed so I went smaller instead of raising the car up.

May i ask where the were rubbing? I'm considering a set of 17 or 18x10s for the back on my 70 mach. Was the offset just right for the tire to line up with the edge of the quarter lip? I'm guessing it was rubbing the wheelhouse but thought i would ask. What offset were those 18x10s? I wonder if the 70 cars have more room out back than the 68. Seems they do everywhere else.

Did it rub only on very hard bumps or on light bumps? Anotherwords if it hit on hard bumps then a hammer would have worked cause there wasn't much more suspension travel left. If it was light bumps then you had alot more suspension travel to go and a BFH would be useless.

I would say that it rubbed on moderate bumps...enough so that I was sure the only fix was going to be raising it up which I did not want to do...IMO large wheels with lo profile tires look dorky without the right stance...plus who wants to slow down for every friggin ripple in the road

SHIFTY101EASY said:
okay well id like to tell everyone i just ordered a set of rims and tires and im extremely stoked right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...d=1,1&item=8042849282&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT

those are the rims and they are for old mustangs so all that spacer talk and everything was moot....oh well, learned stuff from it.

I hate to break this to you, but the wheels you ordered are what this whole thread is about. The original poster was saying that they don't fit right.

65up2d8 said:
I hate to break this to you, but the wheels you ordered are what this whole thread is about. The original poster was saying that they don't fit right.

I don't think he has anything to worry about, I've got the same ones from the same place on my 68 and they fit fine. The orginal poster of this thread is the only person I've ever heard say they had fitment problems with these but he doesn't have a set of 4 on the car with tires on them...

68Restoman

68restoman said:
I don't think he has anything to worry about, I've got the same ones from the same place on my 68 and they fit fine. The orginal poster of this thread is the only person I've ever heard say they had fitment problems with these but he doesn't have a set of 4 on the car with tires on them...

68Restoman

Perhaps, but CWM didn't even act slightly surprised.

BIG-MAC said:
The wheel backspacing you described is a 9" wheel that will not fit the front as 8" is all that will fit (maybe 7" for a 65/66). The wheel in the pic below was an 18x9 +36 that I had narrowed 1" by www.weldcraftwheels.com. This makes the backspacing 5.41" and with a 1/4" spacer the total is 5.16". Without the spacer the rim rubs the upper control arms at full lock.

What does it cost to get a wheel narrowed? I have emailed weldcraft but haven't heard back yet.