Fun with +0mm offset Bullitt wheels

• Sponsors (?)

65up2d8 said:
I hate to break this to you, but the wheels you ordered are what this whole thread is about. The original poster was saying that they don't fit right.

well, ive had them for almost 2 months now and they fit absolutely perfectly and drive great.

atomicpunk said:
The wheels are 0 offset with 4.50" of backspacing. The difference is the wheel is larger than the rim width - 9" vs. 8", so on an 8" rim, the center is 4.5" from the back of the wheel with 0 offset...I did verify the measurements...

You're figuring the mounting flange in your meaurements. This is not typically done and is why you state that your 8 inch wheel is actually 9 inches.

Measuring in this manner means that your 4.5 bacspacing is actually more like 4.0 which would explain why the rims sits out to far.

Even so, this doesn't explain why you're only .5 inches from the UCA.???

As stated previously, maybe you just need to mount the tires and set her down on the ground and take a second look.

MD

jbuening said:
May i ask where the were rubbing? I'm considering a set of 17 or 18x10s for the back on my 70 mach. Was the offset just right for the tire to line up with the edge of the quarter lip? I'm guessing it was rubbing the wheelhouse but thought i would ask. What offset were those 18x10s? I wonder if the 70 cars have more room out back than the 68. Seems they do everywhere else.

69-70s have slightly more room. You could run a ten in the rear with up to 6.3 inches of backspacing if your willing to do some BFH work.

A better choice IMO would be 6.0 with a 285/40. You may still need to roll the outer lip.

BIG-MAC said:
129_2908.jpg

:eek: You are allowed to do that? That is soooooooo illegal over here!

Attachments

• 129_2908.jpg
    129_2908.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 49
limey66 said:
:eek: You are allowed to do that? That is soooooooo illegal over here!

Allowed? Some people think it is not safe and I imagine some racing organazations might frown upon it as well....but if it is done right by professionals like www.weldcraftwheels.com then at a minimum the modifed wheel is just as strong as the original. It is also somewhat common for people to widen wheels.

Yeah, 'banding' of wheels used to be common over here, but if done badly it is dangerous - how can you tell, as a buyer of a second hand wheel, or an annual inspector if it's been done right?

If you've got confidence in the guy that's done it, and you don't have annual inspections, go for it!