Gauge panel plastic polish

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
Oct 4, 2020
Florida
I was installing my new plastic gauge cover I purchased a year or so ago.... Its been in its sleeve the whole time, but as I was cleaning it seems as if there is what looks like condensation on it that wont come off..... I am sure I am being picky here but .....

An recommendations on here for a plastic polish to use to clean this with?? I haven't done this in years and wondered if there were some new products that any one could suggest?? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I just did mine, it was original out of my 89, I used some cleaning compound that came in a headlight restore kit, just with a microfiber towel, came out looking like new.

Reactions: 2 users
I used headlight kit on my belair
IMG_8243.jpeg
IMG_8353.jpeg
IMG_8365.jpeg
IMG_8368.jpeg
IMG_9655.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
I'll test some of the meguiers 82 swirl free polish i grabbed from ollies on the cluster I pulled out the shed to sell, lenses is cracked on an ear anyway. The drake repo one is on clearance too in Holleys sale , I grabbed one on my last order.

Last edited:
Check holleys clearance... Lots of stuff getting blown out and going fast. Just dropped a couple a grand on stuff. Sites a pita to search, lots of stuff doesn't show by make/model...

Last edited:
they make plastic polish. Think I have a bottle somewhere, but I've used Mothers Mag wheel polish and it works well with no scratches.
I ended up trying my Adams " finishing " polish from my Paint prep bag.... It worked, but I think my problem is a china repro...
I installed it and it looks good... Too picky again I think......
DSCF1359.JPG

I ended up trying my Adams " finishing " polish from my Paint prep bag.... It worked, but I think my problem is a china repro...
I installed it and it looks good... Too picky again I think......
DSCF1359.JPG
The drake ones they sent me where, d/c made in usa... Stickers where sharpied out and drake made in China stickers placed on top lol.. The lense itself is frosted in areas the panel would cover so just the circle for the gauge faces are clear, decent repo and looks like original tooling. I guess you had the old drake one that came in a cardboard box.

You can see the D/c logo crossed out from the back lol, hopefully ppl grabbed the cheap stuff before it all sold out.

Attachments

• image000000 (9).jpg
    image000000 (9).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 31
  • image000001 (8).jpg
    image000001 (8).jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
The drake ones they sent me where, d/c made in usa... Stickers where sharpied out and drake made in China stickers placed on top lol.. The lense itself is frosted in areas the panel would cover so just the circle for the gauge faces are clear, decent repo and looks like original tooling. I guess you had the old drake one that came in a cardboard box.

You can see the D/c logo crossed out from the back lol, hopefully ppl grabbed the cheap stuff before it all sold out.
No mine came in a plastic sleeve just like the one in your pic... It had the frosting in the surrounding area.....
I just looked at the sleeve it came in from NPD.. Daniel Carpenter Made in the United States it says.....
As I said earlier, I am being a bit picky....

Reactions: 1 user
No mine came in a plastic sleeve just like the one in your pic... It had the frosting in the surrounding area.....
I just looked at the sleeve it came in from NPD.. Daniel Carpenter Made in the United States it says.....
As I said earlier, I am being a bit picky....
Ah when you said China figured it was the old drake one.