gear fitment

when you look at the ring and pinion can you see the difference between a ring and pinion for 7.5. and ring and pinion for 8.8 i mean can i mesure it or physically someting are different. thanks

when you look at the ring and pinion can you see the difference between a ring and pinion for 7.5. and ring and pinion for 8.8 i mean can i mesure it or physically someting are different. thanks

The ring gear for the 8.8 will measure 8.8 inches, while the ring gear for the 7.5 will measure 7.5" in diameter.

Reactions: 1 user
i have a stock differentiel on lx hatchback 1991. i think is a antislip diff. wath can i make to lock the diff without changing the heart off the diff. can i put some kind of oil or something because when i take off they dont lock all the time maybe one time on 5 take off

There is nothing you can add to a limited slip differential ( at this age) to make it lock both tires on a straight line launch with out rebuilding it.
Jack the rear in the air, and spin the tires with the car in neutral.
If it is truly a traction loc diff, and not completely worn out, both tires will spin in the same direction.