Gear in the rear- does brand matter?

• Sponsors (?)

MYSTICSVT said:
I've used FMS gears in my last two Mustang's. First 4.10's, now 3.73's. No problems here. They set up easy and are quiet.

Thanks for the info! Apreciated. I think I am just going to go with FMS...I mean I found the gear I want for 145 which I think it a good price.

I had Pro 5.0 gears in my 5.0 because at the time, they were the only company that made 3.90's. They worked great and i didn't have any extra noise.

That being said, i have 3.73's in my 99 and they are also great. I've never heard of any problems with FMS gears, but i have heard problems with a lot of other companies. I would go with the FMS just to be safe, gears are something you don't want to pay for twice since install can be pricey.

It has been reported that FRPP gear sets ending with an M are made by Motive. I dont know how these fit (for guys hoping to plug and play without checking specs). Just something to check/think about when slappin in new gears.

Brand doesn't matter. Setting them up correctly is what matters. I use FRPP 4.30 gears because 50resto had them for a good price. I would have no problem using motive gears. I have heard what Hissin50 psted as well.

I run used gears they are well laped in and if setup right are dead quiet. They are more than strong enough (there are many other things that will break before them in an 8.8) and if you are at that point of breaking gears in your 8.8 I ask why are you still running an 8.8?

At my local junkyard I get everything from 3.27-4.10's for under 20 bucks

Thanks for all the information thus far guys. I am ordering an FRP 3:73 this weekend..my thing is now I am calling around and everyone wants between 3 and 4 hundred to install!

When I was looking into it 2 years back it was like 200..wtf happend?! That being said anyone in the detroit area know any shops that are not raping people?

I have tried DTS and they quoted me 300...