German guy wants a '05 Mustang

Yogi

Jun 30, 2004
Hi Guys,

I'm a german Mustang Fan and since the 2005 Mustang was anounced by Ford I fell in love with this car... Therefore I need some help and I'm sure I've found the right men on this forum.
Because there will be no introduction of the Mustang in Europe I've got only two choices:

1. I'll buy the car from a german importer
or
2. I'll buy it in the US and self-import it to germany

If I bought the car from a german importer, I would make a bad deal... They want to have about 36k $ (!!!) for a '05 V6 Premium...
So I'll only have the chance to get it on my own. Here's the point you can help me:

There are several things I would like to know;
Most important yet is the pricing in the US. Can anyone give me the price dealers offer the V6 Premium and the GT Deluxe???

I'm mostly interested in the V6 Premium with additional ABS / TC, californian emisson kit, exterior sport package and the interior upgrade package. What would be the MSRP for this? Is there a part in country the prices were less than in other states? I've got relative near Denver, this is a good area to buy a Mustang?

Next question would be if anyone of you have experience in exporting or shipping cars to europe / germany? Maybe there's a trader among you getting in contact with me... I'm just interested in costs of shipping. Maybe someone knows how much $ I'd have to invest to get the baby abroad... German companies offer a cargo transport harbour to harbour for about 1800$...

Any information about pricing, shipping/exporting and so on will help me to get one... When I got all information I'll need, I plan to travel to the US...

Therefore, thx for your help to fulfill my wish to own one of the best car of the world ... And I hope my english is not that bad :D

• Sponsors (?)

Hmmm... But you suggest the price to locate in an area about 3 - 5% of the 2004 Mustang, or you all expect it much higher?

Of course I would prefer the GT but in germany the taxes for cubic capacity :lol: and plenty of horse power :D is very expensive... Similar to gas... We're about 6$ per gallon... And I suspect the GT to be very thirsty...

Nevertheless volks, gimme answer when the official prices have been released!!!

Yogi,
It's always cheaper to self-import. The importer is adding profit. But, it's more work to self-import. There was someone on this forum about two months back in a similar situation as you and another member on this board was able to assist that person in matters of import and export. Do a search for that thread. I'll try to find it as well. If I do, I'll post a link here for ya.

Regarding the price, I expect, depending on the region, that there will be some inflation of the price initially at the dealerships. Officially from Ford, the prices are to be no less than 3% and no more than 5% more than the current price. My advice is to wait until some of the excitement settles down and possibly wait for a 2006. Reason being is that the Mustang is an exotic car in Europe. Mercedes are taxis in Europe. That would never happen here. Point is, a dealer or import/export person may jump to the conclusion that you are wealthy and try to gouge you even more.

There aren't any significant regional price differences here in the States. Someone mentioned Canada. I have no idea about Canada or their prices. Do some due dilligence there and see what you can learn. It may be an option. This, I know for sure: You will want to buy a Stang on the Eastern seaboard, preferrably in New York/New Jersey. This is because of transportation costs. You may save $500 by buying in California, but you'll pay $700 to get the car to the ship in New York.

Hope this helps and glad to see the Mustang has a positive effect on Germans!

Hello spectravp,

thx for your reply! You'd wonder how many Mustang fans you'd find in germany. Especially the old Mustangs from '66 to '69... I just was in the mood to buy me a classic '67 but that was the time Ford announced the '05 Mustang and I was amazed because Ford really made a car lent on the old Mustang designs... So there it is; a classic Mustang in new clothes...
I think when I come abroad to buy one I'll visit my relatives near Denver for I heard that local Ford dealers offer to ship your car to harbour for about $250. So I'm able to ship it from New York so that time won't take long to ship it over the sea...
I'm not sure if I can wait this long... My plans are to earn some money and buy it about march '05. Then technical difficulties could be removed like the most new cars will have...

Yogi said:
Hello spectravp,

thx for your reply! You'd wonder how many Mustang fans you'd find in germany. Especially the old Mustangs from '66 to '69... I just was in the mood to buy me a classic '67 but that was the time Ford announced the '05 Mustang and I was amazed because Ford really made a car lent on the old Mustang designs... So there it is; a classic Mustang in new clothes...
I think when I come abroad to buy one I'll visit my relatives near Denver for I heard that local Ford dealers offer to ship your car to harbour for about $250. So I'm able to ship it from New York so that time won't take long to ship it over the sea...
I'm not sure if I can wait this long... My plans are to earn some money and buy it about march '05. Then technical difficulties could be removed like the most new cars will have...

Not only will they have some minor bugs fixed, but that is the about the time that the convertibles will be out, as well as the 18" wheels.