Getting code 95, anyone had this?

skiwesser

May 16, 2004
Getting code 95, anyone had this?
Actron scanner, engine skipping a little, most noticable in high gear under load at low RPM's, runs fine everyday until I shut it off when I start it up agian it skips and noticable loss of power, tried wires,plugs,cap&rotor,cpu from buddies car, gonna try his ingnigion module next?Seems somthing is getting hot and causing this? It doesn't matter if I start it right back up or let it sit for a few hours, it has to sit overnight to run good, the next day-same thing!!
Motor is 306 AFR165's typhoon intake 65mmTB longtubes TFS #1 cam 24 lb injectors 42# fuel press. 15* timing

code 95: Fuel pump secondary circuit fault

Thanks
Wes

• Sponsors (?)

What year car? The wiring changed several times between 86 & 95.

The following test path is for 86-90 model cars.

Code 95 - the 95 code is because at one time or another the fuel pump relay hiccupped and didn't provide power the pump when the computer told it to run. Sometimes this is a one time thing, other times it is a no run or runs poorly condition.

To help troubleshoot the 95 code, follow this link for a wiring diagram http://www.autozone.com/images/cds/gif/large/0900823d80167162.gif

Using the diagram, check the red/black wire from the fuel pump relay: you should see 12 volts or so. If not, check the inertia switch: on a hatch it is on the drivers side by the taillight. Look for a black rubber plug that pops out: if you don't find it, then loosen up the plastic trim. Check for voltage on both sides of the switch. If there is voltage on both sides, then check the Pink/black wire on the fuel pump relay: it is the power feed to the fuel pump. No voltage there, check the Orange/lt blue wire, it is the power feed to the fuel pump relay & has a fuse link in it. Good voltage there & at the Pink/black wire, swap the relay.

It is an 88, and I do have a C&L meter that I just started using when I built motor, don't think that has to do with prob though.
jrichker, could this relay be getting hot and causing this? You already told me that info on another post thanks for your time, could it be the TFI module?
I still have to get tranny fixed but I'm chasing this gremlin in the meantime.

Clear the 95 code by removing the test jumper or whatever your scanner says to do. Check to see that the codes really did clear immediately after you clear them. Them do the test drive till it acts up and then check the codes again. If the 95 is back, you may have problems.

Some Mass Air conversions neglect to run the extra fuel pump wire, and they always have a 95 code. See http://www.stangnet.com/tech/maf/massairconversion.html for more information on the Mass Air wiring conversion.