Getting more "play"in the clutch pedal?

escuchad

May 15, 2002
Palo Alto, CA
I just had a new clutch installed on my '92. There is no "play" in the clutch pedal and I wanted to know if this is just because it is how the self-adjusting clutch works on this car or can I adj. it to get some "play."

Also, is the transmission in this year a T5 similar to the 5.0L or different. Just moved to LA and was thinking about getting a short throw shifter because of all the shifting I have to do while driving. Wanted to make sure that the T5 shifter for the 5.0L would work on a 2.3L.

• Sponsors (?)

Any aftermarket shifter for any 5-speed '87-93 Mustang will work for your car. The transmissions were essentially identical except for First gear and the bearing used with it.

Not sure about the pedal question- what do you mean by it has no play? Like there's no dead spot at the top range of the pedal or what?

Yeah, I guess dead spot would be a way to put it. Usually there should be a little distance when you push in the clutch before the pedal gives some resistance and it starts to engage the clutch. This distance or "play" should be around an inch.