• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2014 Specific V6 Tech

Getting my first car, v6 mustang, this coming summer...

  • Thread starter Thread starter sknotsk
  • Start date Start date Nov 2, 2008

sknotsk

New Member
Nov 2, 2008
3
0
0
Queens NYC
Nov 2, 2008
#1
  • Nov 2, 2008
  • #1
Hey whats up I'm new here as you can see...
I'm looking forward to getting a V6 Mustang as my first car when I get my license next summer. I want to get a feeling of what kind of parts would get me a decent amount of performance.
I'm obviously on a budget (I'm getting the V6...) but I've been saving for a while so I have enough for some decent mods.

Couple of questions...
1. I'm seeing a ton of V6's around my area for under $14,000 which is perfect for me. I can't afford the GT and I'll have plenty of time to trade up once I get a steady job and am in college. Is around $12,000-$14,000 a good price to aim for a 06-07 V6 Mustang? I don't need it in immaculate condition as it's gonna be my first car.

2. I want to get some decent performance out of it. I started researching superchargers but I'm worried about killing the engine. I'd definitely have to shell out some more for better parts to make the engine stronger, right?
So far the only real things I have in mind are sequentials, hood pins, and a billet grille. But I don't want my car to be all show and no go. I'm not gonna be racing it, but I'd love to be able to fix it up and get something out of it.

Thanks for your time.
 

fasterthanthem

New Member
Mar 29, 2008
0
0
0
Hampton, VA
Nov 2, 2008
#2
  • Nov 2, 2008
  • #2
I dont know about you, but 05-06 GT's in my area are around 14-16k. I have seen 05-06 V6 mustangs for as low as $9,000 with around 60k miles on it...
 

sknotsk

New Member
Nov 2, 2008
3
0
0
Queens NYC
Nov 2, 2008
#3
  • Nov 2, 2008
  • #3
I've been doing a lot of searching and the lowest priced GT I've been able to find around here is an 06 for $17,500 with 40,000 on it.
Thats out of my range, I really want a GT but I have to be realistic...
I don't mind having a V6 I hear that you can get decent power out of it but I just don't exactly know how...
 

Adverse2Change

New Member
Aug 21, 2003
340
0
0
Raleigh, NC
Nov 2, 2008
#4
  • Nov 2, 2008
  • #4
fasterthanthem said:
I dont know about you, but 05-06 GT's in my area are around 14-16k. I have seen 05-06 V6 mustangs for as low as $9,000 with around 60k miles on it...
Click to expand...

Ugh that's the last thing we need... another fresh teenie driver with a car too powerful for them. No offense buddy, but young drivers and fast cars dont mix!
 

sknotsk

New Member
Nov 2, 2008
3
0
0
Queens NYC
Nov 2, 2008
#5
  • Nov 2, 2008
  • #5
ehhh I agree with you for the most part but it really depends on the driver.
How seriously the person takes driving, how much they value the car they're driving, their own lives and the people around them...
I've been working and saving up for my car for years and I'm not gonna lose it all making a stupid move.
We're not all stupid kids that just want fast cars but yeah, I do see your point.
 

red93gthb

New Member
Nov 1, 2008
0
0
0
Suwanee, Georgia
Nov 2, 2008
#6
  • Nov 2, 2008
  • #6
i agree with the kid. i'm 17 and consider myself a good driver. just as long he knows how to handle it and not go fast and reckless around other drivers.... especially old asian ladies...
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

W
Front ATS brakes with Taurus rear brakes. Full parts needed?
  • Wagonized
  • Thursday at 6:01 PM
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
91
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Friday at 9:42 PM
General karthief
T
2002 3.8L V6 - My second Mustang
  • Taylortoxicity
  • Jan 27, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
1
Views
260
The Welcome Wagon Jan 27, 2026
Warhorse Racing
D
Yet another v8 swap
  • dulcimerbob
  • Sep 19, 2026
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
  • 2 3
Replies
43
Views
604
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Today at 6:18 PM
dulcimerbob
D
6
2010 V6 Sees differently than GT?
  • 6t9Mach1
  • Mar 31, 2026
  • 2010 - 2014 Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
246
2010 - 2014 Specific Tech Apr 1, 2026
6t9Mach1
6
C
Help with manual conversion
  • CPH89LX
  • Aug 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
446
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 27, 2026
2000xp8
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2005 - 2014 Specific V6 Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?