Getting tired of the 3.73s

FoxRod87

Feb 1, 2006
Carolina
I haven't had the 3.73s in for long but I am already getting tired of them. They are just to high. I think I am going to get some 4.30s when I can. But the 3.73s are better than the 2.73s. I was going to get some 4.10s but I got the 3.73s for cheap. And I had some 4.30s in my old 87 coupe and I loved them. So what do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't had the 3.73s in for long but I am already getting tired of them. They are just to high. I think I am going to get some 4.30s when I can. But the 3.73s are better than the 2.73s. I was going to get some 4.10s but I got the 3.73s for cheap. And I had some 4.30s in my old 87 coupe and I loved them. So what do you guys think?

I love my 3.73s but if you want more I would say go with 4.10s.

4.10s. If you had a 4V 4.30s would be fine, but I think thats a bit much for a GT.

Have you done a PI head swap yet?

yea i would say 4.30s would be a waste of ur time right now. your powerband with NPI heads and stuff is real low. they dont like to rev high so you will be out of ur powerband quickly. if you get a set of cams and heads and rev her out to 6500 then 4.30s would be pretty good. but i would say 4.10s would be better if u really dont like the 3.73s

It is a DD and its only 12miles to work. I am going to do the PI swap in a couple of weeks. I don't think the mileage would be bad maybe 1 or 2mpg worse. I had 4.30s in my coupe and it still got 22mpg hwy cruising at 80mph. and it was a cammed 5.0. I think I could get at least that or better with my 4.6. But I'm not really worried about gas mileage.

It is a DD and its only 12miles to work. I am going to do the PI swap in a couple of weeks. I don't think the mileage would be bad maybe 1 or 2mpg worse. I had 4.30s in my coupe and it still got 22mpg hwy cruising at 80mph. and it was a cammed 5.0. I think I could get at least that or better with my 4.6. But I'm not really worried about gas mileage.

Keep the 3.73s, do the PI swap and see how you like it after that. 4.30s would be way to much.

yea i still think 4.30s are going to be a bit much for just a PI swap too. 4.30s are really only going to benefit you if you have a nice set of cams. I mean they will help with low end but ur going to be shifting so much. i would say 4.10s would be good for a PI swap.