Ghost Cam Tune Info Needed

• Sponsors (?)

The term off road applies to a midpipe with the cats removed. The ghost cam tune messes with the variable valve timing to make the lopey sound at idle. The exhaust choice will make it sound louder or throatier, but it shouldn't be a requirement to run the tune.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The term off road applies to a midpipe with the cats removed. The ghost cam tune messes with the variable valve timing to make the lopey sound at idle. The exhaust choice will make it sound louder or throatier, but it shouldn't be a requirement to run the tune.

The cats for the S550 are part of the header assembly and completely separate from the factory resonator or where you would install an H pipe. I have seen the use of a catted set of headers or a non catted set of headers on the S550's debated quite a bit in reference to this "ghost" cam tuning

Oohhhh....it's starting to make a little more sense to me. I was trying to think of why a certain configuration is required to run the tune instead of thinking of the tune's impact on the cats. The ghost cam tune should introduce more overlap at idle to get the sound. I'm guessing this would send more unburned fuel/air mixture down to the cats which may end up hurting them, although I don't know enough about cats to really know. I'm still interested in hearing what you find out whenever they put the tune together.

Happy new year to you as well.