Fox Gm T56 In A Fox?

Purdytang9

Active User
Apr 12, 2017
I was wondering if you could get a GM spec t56 in a fox?...and would it help...my issuse noe is i have 410 gears (i think)...butat 55mph im tacking just shy of 2 1/2...if i added a 6spd would make a difference...and could a bellhouseing and a slip yoke make it possible?

• Sponsors (?)

Back in 2000 my Dad, a local shop, and a few friends swapped a T56 into my 351swapped fox. Dad had got all the parts by calling around to different places from advertisements out of MM&FF. He always told me the trans came from a Camaro. I don't know if it "came out of a Camaro" or he was using the bowtie as reference to the T-56. Everything outside of the trans itself was custom from my understanding. I was young and I don't remember much of the process because it was Dad's gift to me. But it was awesome, I had the coolest Foxbody ever!

You can make it work, but it's better and cheaper to find a Terminator T-56 on ebay. Any questions, ask Bob or Linda Hanlon of Hanlon Motorsports. They are the nicest people in the automotive world, and Bob is the god of factory manual transmissions. He knows all the tricks to get a T56 Magnum (TR6060 in the Camaro, Vette, Viper, and Aston Martin) into a Mustang for the lowest cost.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 user
Alrighty, thanks for the input fellas...i saw one on craigslist for cheap...but i was kinda fantasizing about a 6spd in the girl...i think it would sweet...just finding out the right gear ratio to jive with it...i got 4.10's now...but interstate's a bitch...and one more gear wouldmake like a lil easier...but there is guys running a terminator trans in a fox?