Going to buy a 2010 Camaro

Subwaytrain

Banned
May 15, 2006
I own a 2006 Stang Gt
I have been buying new stangs since 1995,Geee I must have owned 5 of them.
When I read that the 2010s that will be out in March or early april will have the same 4.6 engine,,,but if I wait till sept of 2010 maybe they will add a newer engine into the stang Gt for the 2011s gts,,,,
Too me its too late,lets have it in the 2010s...........
I know I can get a Hemi 2009 Challenger close to invoice since gas is sooo high...
Or maybe I will wait till next march and get a 2010 Camaro V8...

I would really rather get a stang gt but I really don't want a 4.6 anymore since we all know there will be a engine change the year after....

• Sponsors (?)

Why not wait till the new engine is released?

I mean do you have to have a new car? Can't you wait especially with these gas prices? If you got money to waste I got a checking account you can deposit in any time you want :nice:

I know I can get a Hemi 2009 Challenger close to invoice since gas is sooo high...
Or maybe I will wait till next march and get a 2010 Camaro V8...

I gotta say, the new Camaro looks pretty good... but it likely won't be as good all around as the stang.

Word is that the Camaro will offer either a 6.0 or 6.2 liter V8 that pushes 400 HP. Their V6 will be a 3.6.

I really commend Chevrolet for pricing the new Camaro in a decent range. Motor Trend said they will be comparable to the Mustangs... with the V6 starting in the very low 20s... and the V8 in the mid to high 20s.

I need to see the thing's interior before I can make a final determination, but I still dont know whether it is going to out-do the Mustang.

Ford still has plenty of time to change plans for their 2010 Mustang, and once more is known about the Camaro... it's possible Ford will change plans and put a better-performing engine in the '10s to compete with Chevy.

Ha Ha Ha
Raise them gas prices,maybe there will be less V8s on the road lol.
I have 26,000 miles on my 2006 Stang GT and only have 10,000 left before warrenty runs out.....
I don't know about most,But I enjoy buying a new car every 2 or 3 years.
I just hate knowing that the 2009 Challenger hemi Rt will be on the road in sept this year....I am reading many dealers are looking for under MSRP,,,but I always pay Invoice lol....
And the Camaro looks pretty sharp
I am sure many can get the camaro at Invoice also,not just because of gas prices,but they will make many just like dodge.......
I am sure the pics that I see of the newest Mustang will not look like the final version.
The Pics of the 2010 Stang does not do anything for me,,,,,but I do like how the backend of the car looks.......But Hate to wait NEAR 2011 for the upgraded engine,,,geeeee thats like 2 years away..........

Updated....
Well if ford puts the newest engine in the 2010s,,,then I will have to think about it lol

You need to compare apples for apples. We already have a factory Mustang to go against the hemi-Challenger, the Shelby GT500 with a 500 horsepower 5.4 FI engine. That is the comparable for the Challenger SRT8. The 5.4 is a factory installed engine, just like the hemi. As for a comparison, the 4.6 GT will kick the butt of a Challenger RT hemi. The Challenger is just a Chrysler 300 re-body weighing in a over 2 tons.

The Mustang will be the best bang for the buck in most instances. The Challenger and Charger will both be priced close to GT500 territory. Plus we already have the aftermarket support. It will take several years for those cars to build that up.

Keep your Stang and transplant one of the Saleen crate 302 engines!

Excerpt from StangNet homepage news
PERFORMANCE

The 302 cubic inch crate motors (available in both long and short blocks) are available for naturally-aspirated or supercharged applications. Based on the 4.6L 3V Ford aluminum block, the entire internal package is upgraded with premium Saleen engineered forged pistons, rods, crankshaft and valve train components, and camshaft that will exceed the requirements of even the professional engine builder. The basis of our performance data is from the current 2008 Heritage Saleen platforms. Our packages will range from 390hp (normally-aspirated 302 engines) to 580hp (supercharged 302 engines) using existing EPA certified induction and exhaust systems. Furthermore, these packages can be further upgraded with 6 speed transmissions, high performance clutch/flywheels, higher performance rear end differentials, Watts link rear suspension kits and, of course, superchargers.

Geeeee I would be happy with getting a new stang Gt ,,,but I really don't want to wait till sept or oct 2011
I know the Challenger Rt is about 1000 pounds more then the stang Gt or the camaro.
About 1/10 a second per 100 pounds.,,,so the challenger Rt is about 1 second slower then both cars.....
I think that 2010 Camaro is a hotttt looking car and I am sure the price will be around what the stang Gt will be,,,maybe a tad more....
I don't know want you are thinking about????I am not talking about Shelby type of cars..
I just want the newest and hottest car within the next year or before.....
If Ford does not put in their newest engine in the 2010s,I feel they will lose lots of business to the camaro or even the challenger.
All these cars will be within the $30,000 Mark.
I am sure you will have dealers trying to jack the price on you with the gas prices at $4-$5 per gallion.
I think we will have lots of picks..................................................

:popcorn:

Geeeee I would be happy with getting a new stang Gt ,,,but I really don't want to wait till sept or oct 2011
I know the Challenger Rt is about 1000 pounds more then the stang Gt or the camaro.
About 1/10 a second per 100 pounds.,,,so the challenger Rt is about 1 second slower then both cars.....
I think that 2010 Camaro is a hotttt looking car and I am sure the price will be around what the stang Gt will be,,,maybe a tad more....
I don't know want you are thinking about????I am not talking about Shelby type of cars..
If Ford does not put in their newest engine in the 2010s,I feel they will lose lots of business to the camaro or even the challenger.
I am sure you will have dealers trying to jack the price on you with the gas prices at $4-$5 per gallion.
I think we will have lots of picks.

I think we will have lots of picks..................................................

:shrug:

Newest engine my butt, no one leaves the engines a lone anyway. If it has 300 hp, we would want 400 hp, if it had 400, we would want 500. This new engine thing is a mental hang up. Throw on a super charger and you will have a new engine. There's a lot of R&D going into the 3 valve 4.6 and will run with the best of them when properly moded. The longer the 4.6 is being made, the more stuff will be developed for it. The new engine could be a turd for all you know, the 4.6 is tried and true. I think we should be satisfied and work with what we have, not what we might have. The new camero looks like a bag of smashed butt holes, the challenger looks good, good and fat!!!! Like the guy's say, if you want a new engine now, buy the shelby 500, it's comparable with the SRT-8 challenger, not the mustang GT. Mustangs are more than just a car, there a way of life, there an american icon. New engine, old engine, it's still one of the worlds best known muscle cars of all time. It's your money, you can settle for second best if you want to. As for me, new engine, old engine, or no engine, make mine a mustang!!!!

The Challenger is about 800lbs heavier. It runs 13.3 in the 1/4, with a professional driver. The GT runs 13.5.
Both the Challenger and Camaro are priced above the GT. The Challenger SRT8 will start at $38k, not including the $2k+ gas guzzler tax. No pricing yet on the Camaro, but Lutz has stated he has no plans on trying to compete with the Mustang in price.
Ford is putting the 5.0L in the Mustang very soon. Somewhere between 350 and 400HP. If the weight stays similar, it will decimate both.
Wrong-o. See response to 2 questions ago.
I don't think there's much choice to be made. The Mustang beats them both in Horsepower for dollar. The Mustang gets better fuel economy than the Challenger (no numbers on Camaro). The Mustang is only .2 slower in the 1/4 than the top of the line Challenger (which is close to the GT500 in price). The Mustang costs $10k less than the Challenger (no Camaro numbers yet). The Mustang already has a huge after market, which is still growing.

No contest. I love the look of the Challenger, and almost held off for one, but I bought my 2007 instead. I'm so glad I did. The interior of the Challenger is so hideous. It's the same bland Charger/Magnum interior with a few updates. It does not match the retro look of the car, at all. Not to mention it's a pig and my GT gets better gas mileage and similar performance, at a fraction of the cost, with many parts available for upgrading.

Well I really don't know why you are comparing the Shelby or the SRT8???
I would love to get the 2010 Stang Gt(yep the 5.0 is rated at 350hp}
But I really don't know why they are waiting till 2011???
If they put the 5.0 in the 2010s I am sure they will sell many..
As for me to upgrading my engine,it makes no sense at all.
If I enjoy getting a Stang Gt every 2 or 3 years why would I want to spend the money on upgrading????.
I am not driving to impress anybody.....
Its just very sucky I feel,,,,because if I get a 2010 with the 4.6 at lets say $30,000
and the 2011s stang Gts will have the 5.0 with 350hp at the same $30,000...
I think most would be a tad annoyed????

Now I am sure the Camaro V8 and the Challenger (RT} will be around the $30,000 mark....
I really don't think they will jack the price up on the camaro,because you can get a 2009
basic Vette at Invoice at $39,000.
Too me I have to see what the 2010 Stang will really look like.
As of Now the Camaro and Challenger we know what will look like.
As of now I really don't see many Mustang Gt pics,yep I see a few but never the whole car.
As we get closer to Sept then we will hopefully know what the real stang Gt will look like and know what kind of engine it will have....

The SRT8 Challenger is going to be $38k before options and gas guzzler tax (over $2k) I haven't seen a price on the RT, but I can definitely tell you the current Mustang will murder it. The 5.7L is a slug. It may have ok numbers, but between the terrible tuning, throttle lag, and lack of aftermarket parts (as of right now, no one even makes gears for the E Class rear end), the RT won't be able to touch the current Mustang in performance. Stock for stock, the GT will beat the RT without question. I had a Magnum RT. Same engine. So even if they price it around $32k (which it is more likely to be $34k + gas guzzler tax), it'll be quite a bit more than the GT for less performance.

There's no set price on the Camaro yet, but Lutz said he will not be trying to compete with the Mustang GT pricing, due to the IRS and "overall higher quality components". So I highly doubt the Camaro will be below $35k. Between the HP ratings and price, you comparing the Camaro/Challenger to the GT is not a fair comparison. But even if you do compare them to the GT, for so much less, you get very close to equivelent power. Even without waiting for the 5.0L.

Don't be so quick to discount the Mustang, just because it has less cubes or HP. There's many other factors to take into consideration, including, but not limited to, price, weight, after market support, tuning, etc...

Actually, I think it's Keisler that makes gears and stronger axles for the rearend in the LX cars. And the 5.7 Challangers will have the VVT Hemi that is rated at like 380 or 390 horsepower. And, there is a lot of aftermarket support already for the Hemis. Just as much as our 3 valve 4.6s actually... But I seriously doubt anyone will be able to buy any Challanger for less than 10k over sticker any time soon. That's why I bought a Mustang, because I didn't wanna wait 5 years to be able to afford a Challanger.

Actually, I think it's Keisler that makes gears and stronger axles for the rearend in the LX cars. And the 5.7 Challangers will have the VVT Hemi that is rated at like 380 or 390 horsepower. And, there is a lot of aftermarket support already for the Hemis. Just as much as our 3 valve 4.6s actually... But I seriously doubt anyone will be able to buy any Challanger for less than 10k over sticker any time soon. That's why I bought a Mustang, because I didn't wanna wait 5 years to be able to afford a Challanger.

As far as I know, there still aren't any gears available. That's one of the reasons I got rid of my Magnum. 2.92 gears were an absolute joke. I know many people wanted them and there were none to be found. I just checked with GSM Motorsports, and they aren't carrying any. Back when I had my Magnum, they were the leader in aftermarket. And there still doesn't appear to be much available. There is most certainly not as much after market support for the LX cars, besides tacky add ons and a few supercharger/turbo kits. Also, I hope DC has updated their rear ends and engines, because a lot of LX's had problems, which is one of the reasons DC went to a lifetime warranty. My buddy works on them all day, along with BMW's, so he usually keeps me in the loop.

The Challenger is a beautiful car on the exterior, but that's about where it stops.

There's no set price on the Camaro yet, but Lutz said he will not be trying to compete with the Mustang GT pricing, due to the IRS and "overall higher quality components". So I highly doubt the Camaro will be below $35k. Between the HP ratings and price, you comparing the Camaro/Challenger to the GT is not a fair comparison. But even if you do compare them to the GT, for so much less, you get very close to equivelent power. Even without waiting for the 5.0L.

I read that Lutz said that the Camaro will be with the same price range as the Stang.
Unless he changed his mind from a month ago?
You Dodge will be making as many Challengers as they can,If there is a demand
for 100,000,you know dodge will make them....
I guess you paid too much with your Magnum RT at $32,000.
I have seen Charger Rts for $29,000 New....
There will be markup on the 2008 challengers,,,but with the 2009s they will be on every dealers lot.So I would think the word would be invoice unless you want to be taken.
As for the Camaro I think the price will be around the $31,000- $32,000 mark just like the GTOs,but invoice will still be under $30,000.......YEP if you want to shop around you can get anything at invoice with no markups.....
But it would still be nice to get a stang Gt thats if it comes with their newest 350hp engine and not having to wait a year after everyone has more HP in their cars.

Newest engine my butt, no one leaves the engines a lone anyway. If it has 300 hp, we would want 400 hp, if it had 400, we would want 500. This new engine thing is a mental hang up. Throw on a super charger and you will have a new engine. There's a lot of R&D going into the 3 valve 4.6 and will run with the best of them when properly moded. The longer the 4.6 is being made, the more stuff will be developed for it. The new engine could be a turd for all you know, the 4.6 is tried and true. I think we should be satisfied and work with what we have, not what we might have. The new camero looks like a bag of smashed butt holes, the challenger looks good, good and fat!!!! Like the guy's say, if you want a new engine now, buy the shelby 500, it's comparable with the SRT-8 challenger, not the mustang GT. Mustangs are more than just a car, there a way of life, there an american icon. New engine, old engine, it's still one of the worlds best known muscle cars of all time. It's your money, you can settle for second best if you want to. As for me, new engine, old engine, or no engine, make mine a mustang!!!!

Im with Ranger all the way. (no homo)