Gone In Sixty Seconds

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
More like 2 hours.
It sold today. Ironically,...at a time when I could've cared less if I ever sold it.
12k. The guy didn't bat an eye after looking at it, threw 12 grand on the hood of the car and said count it. He went on to tell me that he'd looked at hundreds of fox bodies over the last year, and this was the one car that he could justify paying the asking price.....
:)dammit: where was he when the "asking price" was 18k?)

It was weird watching the car roll down the street as he drove off. I've never seen it under power,..... I've always been the one driving it.
Love it, Hate it, or even if you can just appreciate the work that went into it,....however you saw that car,...That was my signature build.
I cannot justify another build of that magnitude,.. as over the top as that one was for me,..I won't be satisfied w/ a stock bodied fox daily driver. AND Like every other drug,.....an addict cannot say to himself "maybe just a little bump" w/o that either being a bald faced lie, or ending up on a gurney in the hospital.
So, to avoid the temptation of Sawzalling off the tail of yet another fox body, I'll probably have to sequester myself to the disciplinary zone that is: making monthly payments on a used S197.

I can honestly say that I've had fun w/ you all over the last 18 months. I've asked for and followed the advice most of you have offered, appreciated the comments and reinforcement that you have volunteered. It been like a virtual Mels' Diner filled w/a bunch of cool cars.........and yes,...that even includes your "No Edge" SN 95 98,Nate.:rolleyes:

I'll continue to hang out doling out my advice for "Joe rookie, future carburetor enthusiast" much to the chagrin of you EFI huggers, despite the fact that I will probably become one myself.

P.S.

Do Not look for me in the SW as I have found that I cannot play there,..I lack the razor edge wit and keen vocabulary of the chosen few of you that do. :oops:

• Sponsors (?)

Mike,
Wow:nonono: ! I kind of thought the car was off the market.

I guess we will not see the webbers installed:notnice:

Did the car stay local? Any chance of seeing it around? Did the new owner take to the idea of the webbers? Or were they sold with the car?

Me thinks you need a new project:scratch:

Scott

Sold her, huh......that's certainly one way to get yourself off of SVTP's ugliest cars list. :D

Glad you're taking it so well. You'll probably miss her, but if you're anything like me....the stable won't stay empty for long. Always gotta have something to spend my money on.

Reactions: 1 user
Well at least now with the upcoming S197 the car show crowd will pay some attention to ya :lol:

It was bitter sweet when i sold my first Fox. Like you said, watching it drive away was surreal. Then 3 days later after he had put a new coat of black paint on it, i was really depressed lol.

Wanna borrow my kleenex?

You and me both.

12k?? ****... I would have bought that piece of art. Hate to see you go Mike. Keep on lurking on!

Mostly to watch your piece of art evolve.

Sold her, huh......that's certainly one way to get yourself off of SVTP's ugliest cars list. :D

Glad you're taking it so well. You'll probably miss her, but if you're anything like me....the stable won't stay empty for long. Always gotta have something to spend my money on.

Yeah well,..I had my reservations watching it go nonetheless. Problem was,..I was really only enjoying the car anticipating attending a future event where I'd more than likely make it on another list any way.

In any event,...saves you a bunch of time and money........Just think......Now you don't have to make "vacation" plans for me.:canada:

No plans at all for another project? You could post here if u decide to hack up the sn. Those forums are full of several uppity ppl anyway...
The only plans I have are for a new floor, and front porch.

Adios Thunder Colt 2

Voyo Con Dios Amigo.

I'll hold on that wideband as it once occupied real estate in the "fach"
If you want something really collectible, I'll sell you my GWB chia head. I planted weeds in it.:nice:

Well at least now with the upcoming S197 the car show crowd will pay some attention to ya :lol:

It was bitter sweet when i sold my first Fox. Like you said, watching it drive away was surreal. Then 3 days later after he had put a new coat of black paint on it, i was really depressed lol.

Ahh S197.......Wait! Let me check if I have what it takes to be a member of that cult.....
** lifts shirt and checks for belly button
Whew!....I'm good.

Sucks to see it go, but at the end of the day, money talks.

Why a s197? I'd swear I read somewhere that you'd never be caught dead in one of those. I'm liking my new edge so far. idles like a stock car, yet puts 462 to the wheels now. You could have something similar for well under 10K and still have money left over for the floors...

I didn't really think you were seriously selling your car Mike. I thought you threw the 18K figure out as a joke knowing that it wouldn't sell. Never knew you dropped it to 12K.

What will your next automotive project be?

Nice! I never thought I'd sell my yellow coupe. I built it to sell and make a profit...which was a huge risk. I made out good on paper, but considering time...no, but I don't let that bother me. You have to do the work to get the profit. I loved the car when it was done and I listed it for sale as a joke....and when I got offered only a 1,000 under asking price I was happy.