Gone In Sixty Seconds

• Sponsors (?)

This being the ranger you got to build up for your son? Game plan? Pics?

It's mine now,..Jr. decided he wanted a "car".
Leaves me trying to decide whether or not to spend money on project "Plain White Envelope", or leave the Duratec 4 banger in it and drive.
I've considered lowering it a couple of inches, mini tubbing and throwing some wide assed rubber on, Adding a custom interior complete w/ the requisite boomin' audio system, digital gauge set, and Recaro seats,...topped off w/ nice two tone paint job, but,..........meh, I just haven't seen a Ranger that I even thought was remotely cool enough to try and spin some project off of.:shrug:

It's mine now,..Jr. decided he wanted a "car".
Leaves me trying to decide whether or not to spend money on project "Plain White Envelope", or leave the Duratec 4 banger in it and drive.
I've considered lowering it a couple of inches, mini tubbing and throwing some wide assed rubber on, Adding a custom interior complete w/ the requisite boomin' audio system, digital gauge set, and Recaro seats,...topped off w/ nice two tone paint job, but,..........meh, I just haven't seen a Ranger that I even thought was remotely cool enough to try and spin some project off of.:shrug:

Probably a good idea to leave it be. I had a ranger (doo doo brown) when I was 20 and I had grand ideas of a V8 swap and custom paint, but forgot all about it when the next better vehicle came along. Looking back I'm oh, so glad I didn't spend time and money on it, but a Mustang instead.. It was worth something when I sold it, the ranger I gave away.

Take the plunge and join me the coyote club. The dudes on this site are boring as hell, but you will love the car. I can only imagine how awesome you could make one of these once you had it paid off. Remember the link I posted in one of your threads where a guy put a classic fast back on, and stretched the nose of an S197? Speaking of Fairmonts, do you ever watch Fast n Loud on the discovery channel? They built a '78 Fairmont drift car. Pretty bad ass, but still ugly. :stick:

Take the plunge and join me the coyote club. The dudes on this site are boring as hell, but you will love the car. I can only imagine how awesome you could make one of these once you had it paid off. Remember the link I posted in one of your threads where a guy put a classic fast back on, and stretched the nose of an S197? Speaking of Fairmonts, do you ever watch Fast n Loud on the discovery channel? They built a '78 Fairmont drift car. Pretty bad ass, but still ugly. :stick:

No,...Sorry Nick There will be no 550.00 per month "Plunge" for me as much as I know I would love that car. An 05-08 Body style is what I'd consider if and when I get around to going that way. I think as far as "retro" goes,...that body style is as close as they got to emulating the 60's body style they used as inspiration. In reality, I'm kinda done w/ "retro" anyway.

If I could just find granpas' un molested Futura or Z7,....... I would drive that 3.3L straight 6 for a year or two, and then.......
WA! WHOOOM WA! A 2014 Ford Fairmont.
I've had 5 of those cars since they came out,..and I know Zackly what I'd do to one.

Saw this the other night actually. FULL CHROME. and they were wondering why it didn't sell at auction, it wasn't just the bidders, it was the car too.

Anyways, if you do go with customizing the ranger, the trick is to make it not look like some hoodlum owns it. I see those way too often where they toss on ground effects, lower it, and a too big subwoofer and call it a day.

They're a neat little truck (I think) but only if you have the right game plan, which I'm sure you would.