good springs for drag/street setup?

o0akoni0o

Oct 26, 2004
Fremont, CA
what are some good springs that will hook on the strip, but be close to stock quality on the street (and give me a nice raked stance at the same time)? i scored some fox spec lakewood 90/10 struts and 50/50 shocks from a friend so i'd like some springs that go well with these. i was thinking fox 4cyl in the front and cut stock rears in the back, but am open to more suggestions.

• Sponsors (?)

You aren't going to find any. Do not cut the rear springs, they are progressive rate. That will screw your ride up. I have the eibach drag launch springs with 1 coil cut in the front and it gives a bit of a rake, but sacrifices launch. The drag launch springs themselves ride better than stock, but will keep the rear about the same and raise the front 1/4".

Lowering a car with spring usually means your struts are going to be operating in a shorter range. You could probably drive the car for a little bit on the stockers, but eventually they will bottom out and will need to be replaced. I would buy everything at once so you do not have to do the job twice.