Good website for upgraded internals on my T45

• Sponsors (?)

Hanlon motorsports sells improved T45 parts. What exactly are you wanting to do with the car? How much power?

I am running their kevlar syncros, improved shift forks and a basic rebuild kit and I am very happy with my T45. I bought the parts and had a local guy install them. It saved a bunch of money compared to shipping a 150lb transmission across the country!

Anyway, not everything Hanlon has is online. Give them a call and they will set you up with what you need.

As for what I recommend upgrading: definitely replace shift forks with stronger units, new syncros will keep everything working smoothly and a basic rebuild will do for most. If you plan to make BIG power, there are input shafts with more splines for increased torque capacity. The T45 is really a pretty good transmission... it just tends to break forks and syncros when you power shift it regularly.

You'll have to talk with the vendors to see what they think thier built trannies can handle, but I beleive they say with the upgraded input shafts, they are good for around 450hp. If you have the money, the TKO will definately work too.

Hanlon motorsports sells improved T45 parts. What exactly are you wanting to do with the car? How much power?

I am running their kevlar syncros, improved shift forks and a basic rebuild kit and I am very happy with my T45. I bought the parts and had a local guy install them. It saved a bunch of money compared to shipping a 150lb transmission across the country!

Anyway, not everything Hanlon has is online. Give them a call and they will set you up with what you need.

As for what I recommend upgrading: definitely replace shift forks with stronger units, new syncros will keep everything working smoothly and a basic rebuild will do for most. If you plan to make BIG power, there are input shafts with more splines for increased torque capacity. The T45 is really a pretty good transmission... it just tends to break forks and syncros when you power shift it regularly.
+1 for Hanlon motorsports.. I live about 45 minutes from his shop. I took my t-5 down for a g force rebuild and talked to bob Hanlon for prob an hour or so while he took my trans apart and explained everything as he did it. He knows what he is talking about and is willing to do whatever it takes to do the job right. I called him two months after he did my trans and he helped me figure what my problem was. ( it had nothing to do with his prior work ). But I will support his shop with my next transmission problem.