Got a 2005 Stang luv it...work done to it...how fast?

whiskey

Dec 13, 2010
Hi guys, i am financing a 2005 Mustang GT 5 speed. It has only 16k miles one owner! The mods that i can see are as follows.

285 Nitto tires in the back with 17 inch torq thrust type wheels

JLT intake with that plastic heat shield

JBA long tube headers with JBA full exhaust including mufflers

Under drive pulleys

One piece Aluminum driveshaft

LPW differential cover, i believe the gears are stock, 5th gear at 65mph is at about 2,000 RPMS.

The shifter is some kind of short shifter with a Steeda shift knob, i'm not sure what brand. It goes into gear with only about 1 inch movement, really short.

CHE suspension components

Some kind of LED shift light it lights up at 6500 rpms

Now for the part that i simply don't know. Is it cammed or not? One of the sales guys at the dealership said that it had "motor work" done but he didn't know what exactly it was.

Let me describe how this car acts. When i bang 1st to 2nd, the rear end gets loose BAD, and it chirps 3rd good. Keep in mind it has 285's and good tires lol. The sound is very deep at idle and it sounds like that "popcorn maker" sound of a cammed car but it is muffled ALOT. I feel like if i remove the mufflers, it would be LOUD and have that popcorn maker sound, making me think it is cammed! But i don't know.

Most importantly where is the powerband? It pretty slow off the line but hooks good, it pulls like a MONSTER from 4200 to 6500rpms! It feels like the car is getting away from you, again this makes me think it is cammed.

PS now the bad stuff, today going to work i got a check engine light CEL after banging 1st to 2nd. The car idles fine at 800/850rpms etc, idk wtf this can be, everything seams fine. I'm gonna scan it tomorrow. I called the dealer i have a 90 day warranty so they will cover any issues. I would just rather scan it myself at Autozone and see what's up.

• Sponsors (?)