got a new mustang cant drive it!

reefshow

Sep 5, 2007
eastern pa
does Pa really suck as much as every other state?i just bought a supercharged mustang for a toy to drive on and off during the summer.it has no emmission things on it at all i didnt care i was going to get an emmissions exempt sticker for it.but i go to take it there and they said i have to wait a year to get a exempt sticker...so what am i supposed to do? did i just buy a really expensive paper weight? anyone else have this happen to them?

• Sponsors (?)

does Pa really suck as much as every other state?i just bought a supercharged mustang for a toy to drive on and off during the summer.it has no emmission things on it at all i didnt care i was going to get an emmissions exempt sticker for it.but i go to take it there and they said i have to wait a year to get a exempt sticker...so what am i supposed to do? did i just buy a really expensive paper weight? anyone else have this happen to them?

Wait a year... :shrug: :lol:

If the car's worth it, then do exactly as suggested above: Wait a year.

In the meantime, keep it in your garage or, lacking that, rent a garage where you can store it. Take advantage of the downtime to do any sort of repairs/upgrades that you want and/or can afford. Clean that sucker from top to bottom, inside and out. When the time finally comes to roll 'er out of there proudly, the resultant pride you'll feel will make it seem (to you, and maybe others) like you're driving the coolest damned car on the road. :nice:

yeah i guess thats what i am going to have to do keep it in the garage..the engine is pretty much covered . i want to do full interior upgrades, rollcage and suspension upgrades.a year is along time maybe pull the engine and turn it into a 347...it just sucks when u get a car u just want to drive it you know what i mean!

Hm.. Don't you have plates with currents tabs for the car? If so, just put them on the car and drive it. Do you know a guy that owns a dealership? Have him write you out a 21 day permit! I'd do it for yah but i'm all the way over here in MN ha. I'd just drive it without the emissions sticker, if yah get caught then stop driving it ha.

yeah i guess thats what i am going to have to do keep it in the garage..the engine is pretty much covered . i want to do full interior upgrades, rollcage and suspension upgrades.a year is along time maybe pull the engine and turn it into a 347...it just sucks when u get a car u just want to drive it you know what i mean!

Totally. I bought my '86 GT back in (I think) April. I've just recently been able to drive it legally. It's worth the wait. Trust me. :nice:

Now, my '80 Capri is the one taking a break from the road. :(