Got an '04 Cobra rear bumper, how to get inserts off?

I will be getting an black 2004 cobra rear bumper soon, i will have to have it repainted and possibly fill in the COBRA, i would hate to have everyone callin me a fobra and a poser but we will se what money permits, anyway it has satinless steel insert letters, do i just use a hair dryer to get the glue loose and take them off so i can get it painted? or what?

thanks,
Ryan

• Sponsors (?)

A heat gun works best, but a hair dyer will do--it will just take longer. After you are done, get the glue residue off with Goo-Gone (the citrus stuff). Then make sure to wash the area with soap/water, then give it a coat of wax or other protectant.

If some are stubborn, you can use fishing line and gently "saw" back and forth behind them to pry them off.

might as well get the letters filled in before it gets painted just to get it all done at once and out of the way. Where did you get the bumber from?

You need to fill them with a flexible body filler. Standard bondo won't flex with the bumper, and it will crack off. I used 3M Flexible Bumper repair for mine.

+1 for the filled letters, it does look hot... check the siggy.