got my cobra killer kit installed this weekend

md1198p

Dec 22, 2002
vortech s trim on a completely stock automatic(99)

makes good power, but drives almost stock for normal driving. the car is an auto, and the shift points have been made a more aggressive, and firmed up. i got on it a few times, and it will break the tires loose from a 20 mph roll, and just roast them all the way down the street lol. it pulls real nice at higher speeds also. i am getting it dynoed soon, i will post my numbers so you auto guys looking for HP numbers will have an idea.

the cobra killer kits are great, comes with EVERYTHING, even plugs. i would reccomend them to anyone who wants to add a blower to a daily driver.

I've got a used vortech coming with everything and an air to air intercooler included for 2700... My 01 is an auto too. Can't wait!

bowens99GT said:
you dont sound as happy as the other guys do when they got their chargers. I'm also getting a vortech s or sq for my auto GT and im hoping for the best.
i have not gotten on it a lot yet, it needs to be dynoed to make sure it is safe...i am VERY happy

bowens99GT said:
you dont sound as happy as the other guys do when they got their chargers. I'm also getting a vortech s or sq for my auto GT and im hoping for the best.

uh? what justifies being happy? using a banana guy ---> lol

i think your reading too much into his post...sounded like he was happy to me.

did you order your cobrakiller kit through steeda?

are you using their tune, the one that they claim they have the technology transfer program.

Darkhorse845 said:
Congrats on your new kit! Tim is the man!
He makes one of the safest tunes!

this is the main reason i went with this kit. i actual was never nervous or worried about my car at all. a lot of people said go KB, but i am very glad i went this way, like i said, with normal driving you can barely notice it is there, except for the tweaked shifts and the noise(loud sucker! )(see i even used the banana to show how happy i am)

streetstang03 said:
your car was 100% stock before the s/c? not even exhaust?? If so, post up some #'s after you get it dynoed so we can see what the s/c does for a completely stock auto GT enjoy your ride and post some pics!!

yes it is( i even still have the cruddy 99 gt wheels), and that is exactly my plan.

XStanger said:
If you don't mind me asking, what was the total amount of the kit w/install?

Everything, kit, install(got a great price however) and little dumb stuff i had to buy, was pretty much exactly 5,000. that even includes the oil and filter for after taping the pan, and the boost and fuel preasure gauges i bought.