Got O/R Prochamber Installed..

• Sponsors (?)

ive got a friend of mine that has been a line tech for ford for 25 some odd years, and i got wo words "limp mode" jim says any time your cel comes on you comp. depending the code is how much your comp. will detune the engine. and if the if the rear o2s arent important and did not effect the cars performance ford wouldnt had put them there, oh and im willing to argue this point. and like i said if they werent important and didnt have any effect on how the car ran THEY WOULDNT BE THERE... I know ive been in the same situation, and didnt beleive it so i had it dynoed with cel on for the o2s and had it dynoed with the cel off and there was 18hp difference so GET IT FIXED.

Was this a back to back pull using the same operating temp in a controlled environment? If not, nothing is proven.

You can monitor fuel trim, total timing and you will see that they are the same as long as this is done back to back as well; a different day = a different dollar.

Ford put cats on to meet EPA standards to keep the smog police happy. The post 02's "sensor 2" ensures catalyst efficiency.

I have a pair of Jeep Wranglers, 05 and 98. The 98 recently blew up its CAT after a fairly long trip. Replaced it and fixed a small crack on the exhaust manifold. It ran like an unbalanced washing machine. Replaced the obvious 6 sensors plus plugs and wires, still nothing. Took it to the dealer who swapped out the computer, distributor, and a few more sensors, nothing. They didn't like the look of the flywheel so they replaced it, nothing. The pulled the valve cover and saw a broken spring, replaced, and nothing. Pulled the head off saw some ugly stuff, machine shoped it, nothing. I am going to pucik it up tomorrow and planned to continue down the path of the broken spring by pulling the cam, then I read this and don't know who is right. I hope you will restart the discussion/fight for me?

First off all, if these kids in the dealerships had half of brain and any real training, they would have used a 20 dollar vacuum gauge to see that there was a broken valve spring.

A cat over-heats because the vehicle does not exhibit complete combustion. The valve probably hung up because it could not transfer heat as designed and should have shown signs of galling the guide. They probably didn't mention that part.

I love parts changers in dealerships, reminds me of the bar; a lot of good stories to go around, most are bs.

Jeep guy, ask for a cylinder leak down test. Not a compression test, a cyl leak down test.

I have had several cyl heads come back with light showing through the valve face and seats. They cut the seats and then installed the guides; tsk tsk. Always, always check the pattern before sending the head back to the customer.

It seems that most people are hacks and don't have half a clue on how to properly diagnose thier way out of a paper sack these days.

I have a pair of Jeep Wranglers, 05 and 98. The 98 recently blew up its CAT after a fairly long trip. Replaced it and fixed a small crack on the exhaust manifold. It ran like an unbalanced washing machine. Replaced the obvious 6 sensors plus plugs and wires, still nothing. Took it to the dealer who swapped out the computer, distributor, and a few more sensors, nothing. They didn't like the look of the flywheel so they replaced it, nothing. The pulled the valve cover and saw a broken spring, replaced, and nothing. Pulled the head off saw some ugly stuff, machine shoped it, nothing. I am going to pucik it up tomorrow and planned to continue down the path of the broken spring by pulling the cam, then I read this and don't know who is right. I hope you will restart the discussion/fight for me?

And before I pulled the cam on anything, I would measure lift with a dial indicator.

iight wise guy if you have cork (a clogged cat) and no exhaust pressure can get by it whats gonna happen, ill tell ya the pressure stays in the pipe and manifold between the cat and the head. now the valve is harder to open due to the extreme pressure of exhaust and the first thing wear out is the exhaust lobe(s) of the cam on the side of were the cat is, if there is dual exhaust on the vehicle. ive seen it too many times to have someone tell me that it doesnt happen, thats why they put the o2s after the cats to moniter efficient flow of the exhaust so no internal damage to engine occurs...

I would think that it would choke the motor and stall before it would destory your cams. But that just my opinion.