Got robbed... Dang theives

Ranchero5.0 said:
Ok for the layout, the good garage 24' x 28' is located behind the old garage 18' x 36' on the house side of the alley. you have to pull around the old garage to get to the new one. The two garage doors face the neighbors lot and I have an access door facing the house. I have a 24' x 6' high sliding gate at the alley end of the lot from the old garage's corner to the end wall that I go lazy and didn't close last weekend.. I have a 8' x 24' wood shed along the fenceline that has a 6' hedge growing there. I just fired up a new puter so I don't have any pics to post yet. There is a city street light at the corner of my gate and I have three motion detector lights at the garage doors. I feel they just lit the way so the guy didn't trip and hurt himself.

The inside job theory is really gaining ground. I turned off the lights tonight and couldn't find crap in the garage while trying to be sneaky with a flashlight. The blower was covered, but the headers are shiny. Not sure about the gauges, but the rockers were on the top shelf in a black box right next to the door where you wouldn't want to get careless with a light. The bear is you can't see anything in the garage unless you walk up to the garage doors.

Oh guess I didn't mention that my spare sets of Harlon Sharpe 1.6 rockers and Crane 1.6 rockers are gone too.

I'm going hunting tomorow evening. Going to do a surprise visit to a 'friends' garage to see if anything pops up. Wife says his car sounded really different after he picked up his daughter at school and he didn't say anything to her as he walked by her. Plus the fact he hasn't stopped by has me bothered. Of course I can't prove anything without some physical evidence, but it bothers me that he knew about all those parts and what was in the boxes. Lucky or ?

The weirdest thing about the parts is I keep looking around for them like a misplaced them. Oddly enough I was talking to my nelghbor about it and decided that if they just showed up on the door step I wouldn't worry about it any more or even who took them, but if I find them on someones car that I'd go nuts and end up in jail or dead.

Jamie
Holy smokes dude. I thought I was having bad luck this month. I have lost a total of $353 dollars THIS month alone. But you are having worse luck than me. I would do exactly like you plan, give it a day or so and file claim about it. I will check out Ebay for ya too. Hope you get the stuff back, I HATE people who steal from others. Seems to be a big thing happening to the mustang guys here lately.:fuss::uzi:

Dave

• Sponsors (?)

since his car sounds different, maybe he put the headers on? next time you see it parked, peek your head under there and look for some nice shiny headers. wouldn't that be evidence enough? if she's right, don't forget to thank your wife for lending her ear. :nice:

oh, and don't forget the louisville slugger when you visit your "friend".

Damn, that sucks a>>..you just can't be too trusting with these cars, there's always a>>h@les that wanna eat off the next man :nonono: Personally, my stang is a part of me..I've seen her come up from a rusty beat up p.o.s. god forbid I ever found somebody violating her...someone would be leaving in a bag. But to avoid that, I always park her where I can see/hear her..call me paranoid.