Got something new....and its cool

• Sponsors (?)

Screenshot_20221209-212047_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221209-212030_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20221209-212015_Gallery.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Nope. Actually only held on by the two 8mm bolts near the radiator support at the moment. Been doing a lot of stuff that was easier with the bumper off so just put those two bolts to hold it for now.

Last edited:
Been getting a lot done lately. I got my rear Steeda springs and installed them. I also installed my Lentech Manual Valve Body. OMG!! I love the way I can shift the car now...and the 331 screams.

Last edited:
  • Surprised
Reactions: 1 users
It was...but I 5 speed swapped my original one, the one with the turbo. After driving this one with that manual valve body I am having second thoughts on the 5 speed in my turbo car. I really love this Lentech valve body. Both of these cars were identical in every way, same color, same options, everything.

I thought the other car was a 5spd. I guess you only need to get the Marti Report for one car and it will give you the info for both:D

I am a 3 pedal guy through and through but the manual valve bodies have been peaking my interest for some time now. I would love to drive a car with one and see how I like it. I toyed with have one installed in my wife's vert when I had the transmission rebuilt a couple years ago but I chickened out.

Reactions: 1 user
The thing that I really like is if you put the gear selector in the OD position, the car drives like a regular automatic. It shifts on it's own. If you pull it down into D, that is second gear, L is 1st. So, if you want to rip on it from red light to red light, pull it into L and manually shift up through the gears. OD is locked out by a switch. Then if you want to just cruise around, put the selector in the OD position, flip the switch to allow Overdrive to engage and cruise all day without having to touch the shifter. Best of both worlds.

Reactions: 1 users
How fast is it? What would you compare it to?
It feels like a modern trans. It shifts fast and firm. If you manually shift it at half way to WOT it barks hard. I think this 331 with this valve body and AOD is faster than my turbo 5 speed. I know, kinda apples and oranges as the turbo car is a stock block 302 with TFS 11R heads but the 331 feels faster. I think it might also be because the 331 car has 4:10 gears.:)

It feels like a modern trans. It shifts fast and firm. If you manually shift it at half way to WOT it barks hard. I think this 331 with this valve body and AOD is faster than my turbo 5 speed. I know, kinda apples and oranges as the turbo car is a stock block 302 with TFS 11R heads but the 331 feels faster. I think it might also be because the 331 car has 4:10 gears.:)
If you're not completely roasting them when it shifts to second then it seems to me like it's a good match. My KB setup with a 5 speed is what I have to compare it to in a Fox and it roasts 1-3 if you let it.

I ask because I've toyed with the idea but.... I have a fast auto (the V) and I think I'm more inclined to leave it like is even though I [know] it would be an improvement. :bang: