Got The New project home!!

351wcoupe

Feb 13, 2003
Manhattan, Kansas
Amanda got her graduation present last night. She got a 63 Falcon stationwagon.

Its a 170ci inline 6/auto. This thing is a cruiser if we've ever had it. Manual windows, brakes, steering wheel w/ about a 2ft steering wheel. The only thing thats power it the tailgate glass and it works.

Its a horse, I heard of one identical dynoed on horsepower tv recently and it nearly ripped up the dyno putting down 59 RWHP!!

I promised her and myself that I wouldn't touch it. HOWEVER, I'll be setting the new engine in the cougar next week and when its done I'll have a little garage space back. I knew this car was in trouble when I dug up the 2nd merkur harness and hung it up where I could see it. There is a 2.3T sitting on the stand waiting to be stuck in the pinto. Who knows....

• Sponsors (?)

I have one of those thats been rotting away in my back yard for the last 8 or 9 years. It's a Falcon Futura with the straight 6/auto. Its actually in decent shape other than upolstery and paint that looks like it has been sitting in a field for 10 years. I have contemplated a fuelie 5.0 swap but I recently ran a cross a website where a guy did a JY turbo on the 6 and had it running 12's. Kinda got the wheels turning a little bit. Would definately be different.