Progress Thread GOvert Pictures from Work

I havn't been able to work on one of my own projects because work has been very demanding. I never have really said what I do for a living I but primarily repair and service Antique Mustangs (mainly 1965-70 models) and there is always a Restoration project going on that gets worked on when there is not any Customer service work. I do not do this by myself, Me and my younger brother have been at the same location since 1985 and we first started working on them before we were old enough to drive. The first Mustang that we bought was in 1975. I was 14 and he was 12. We paid $40- it, took it home and took it the rest of the way apart. Our first customer was the same man that we bought it from and sold him the drive shaft out of it for $50.
Now back to what I was talking about. These pictures are late in the restoration of a 1970 convertible. From the factory it came with a 351 Cleveland an Fmx auto trans and a 9" diffy and power disc brakes. Later when we can get all of the pictures in chronological order, I will start a new thread.
Here are some pics:
100_5757.JPG
100_5759.JPG
100_5761.JPG

Metal Shop/Pulling area has temporarily been set up as the "secondary" paint booth
100_5789.JPG
100_6030.JPG

Pic a little grainy. Picture taken of the Security System screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

100_5992.JPG
100_5997.JPG
100_6000.JPG
100_6009.JPG

Shsss...Don't tell the customer that we put stripes on his trunk lid too! He will either have a coronary event or wet himself.This should convince him to get the sequential LED Tail Lamps.
100_6146.JPG

We are having to use two "Paint Areas" to do this project. It's just too many pieces for one booth and sometimes have "sprayed" in a 3rd spot too.

Last edited:
And more pics:
100_6036.JPG

One of the many "brands" of sound deadener stick-on mat
100_6032.JPG

100_6337.JPG
100_6280.JPG

Tail light panel is gonna look good blacked out with semi-gloss vinyl. We don't want to use paint because of gas nozzle scratching and weathering. Vinyl can be replaced with about 2 hours of work vs. How long to re-paint? Oh yeah, powder coated semi-gloss or matt finish tail lamp bezels. (No pic yet)
100_6081.JPG

Mirror "before picture"

Last edited:
5 more pictures:
100_6379.JPG

Unique to 1970 door glass has been safely stored away each packaged individually in a double layer of cardboard
100_6382.JPG

RH regulator was quite bent/twisted and the gear teeth didn't look and feel well either
100_6462.JPG

As much as possible has been assembled before the final paint process
100_6461.JPG

Sound deadener inside RH door that has a new skin on it
100_6464.JPG

Deluxe interior door panels. Was blue.Going to use '69 Shelby Dark Red (looks Crimson to me)

Last edited:
Borrowed picture of the front seat upholstery
u6mdrs1.jpg

100_6431.JPG

You '69-70 guys know what these are...Right HS ?
100_6456.JPG
100_5779.JPG

Tag bracket" nipples deleted. (Thinking "It sure would be nice to fill in the gap (for the front LP clearance) in the front bumper and have it re-plated")
100_6138.JPG

sorting before cleaning

Last edited:
Wimbledon White
Added 8-12-2018 @ 7:30 P.M. Central: My Wife says I dream about cars. Really only about half the time. However, last night, I dreamed I was wanting to adjust the headlights because going down the road I could only see 20 feet in front of me. This is for real, I woke myself up asking her for a Phillips screwdriver...

Last edited:
Realmongo. Looks like you are pretty far along if you are working with tracer coats. I like the 69-70 front third "work stand". Surprised the early fender will attach to it.
Do you have a progress thread that we can access? Or create one for us so that we all can follow along?
Thanks for your interest.

Last edited: