Gran Turismo

Jharrison92

Jan 17, 2009
So I got sick of people mistaking my Stang GT for a V6. I decided to think of a way to distinguish is distinctly from the 6's. What I decided to do was to pop off the emblem that says "GT" and replace it with custom raised and chrome lettering stating "Gran Turismo" If anyone is interested is something like this let me know!

t_st.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I dunno about you but it's that's not a bad thing if you get mistaken for a V6. Makes them look dumb once when those who know are around and twice when you smoke them at the l.....ocal officially sanctioned motorsports event :D

I drive a bullitt and it has zero identifying marks nothing i like better than to mistaken for a six as in when driving through a 25 mph zone it dosent draw a second look from local police like the stripes or hood scoops kits do.

just tell them they're wrong and they feel like idiots
if you really care what the people you pass on the city streets that you will never talk to think then I definitely wouldn't do it because most people that I know assume that I'm talking about the video game if I ever say gran turismo
also the sound of your V8 should be plenty to set the ignorant straight

Back in the day I had a 90 Mustang GT and I pulled the 5.0 emblems off (didn't like the way they looked). Tons of people thought it was a 4 or 6 cy, and that was when the GT's had all sorts of ground effects.

just replace your mufflers with straight pipes, and get an O/R mid-pipe. No more confusion.

Yes, GT stands for Grand Touring, or Turismo in italian, but anyone who would know that, would know a GT from a 6-er anyway. Most people dont know jack about cars, so there is no way you can do anything to impress everybody, other than to buy a very overpriced brand that only makes impressive cars like a lambo or a ferrari. Failing that, you just have to make the car to your own enjoyment. Of course, with a mustang, even if they do think its a V6, they probably think its pretty cool. I like the V6s as well, are you familiar with the Turlingua Mustang? There is something to be said for a lighter engine, and thus lighter overall car. Your not going to be king of the dragstrip without a lot of boost, but... still a great fun car to drive, great track car, and very cool design.

Personally, I wouldn't care if someone thinks my car is a V6. If I could have gone without a spoiler and hood scoop (thanks, GT Appearance Package), I would have.

Sleeper's are cool.

I've considered widening my stock 17" wheels so I could fit some massive tire on the back like a 315 (it would be nice if I had the power to turn it over...but....). Then from the side of the car you'd think, "Bah! A sissy little GT with stock wheels!"... :rolleyes:

But...your car is your car. Do whatever you want.