Grinds into 2nd gear

• Sponsors (?)

It didnt do it when I parked it in October..It just started when I pulled it out yesterday and the motor was still cold..I hope to god its not the synchros!! I just put a a$$load of money into that car over the winter..Oh..is your avatar Christopher Moltisanti and Adriana La Cerva? if so, Welcome to the family!!

If it is the synchros, has anybody ever replaced them? how hard? I know you have to pull the tranny but do you have to tear it apart to get to them? I'll drive it again Saturday and see if it does it again..If it does, I might just have to break down and buy a Tremac..are they good transmissions?

Some of them are. Your T5 is a Tremec, as are the T45 and 3650- all of which are stock Ford and none of which are considered to be spectacular. Does it only do it when it's cold? None of the linkage or internals are going to work as well as they can and should if it hasn't all warmed up yet. Do you have a good shifter on it? If you're still using the stock one and you shift hard, you haven't been protecting the transmission and it could be the synchros starting to go. If you put a good shifter on it quick, you may nip it in the bud.

It has a Hurst Shifter in it..I wasnt shifting it hard..I baby this car..I only drove it around the block though so I dont really know if it will keep doing it once the car has been running for a while(its been in the garage for 6 months) hopefully, if its nice out Saturday, I'll take it out for awhile and see what it does

If its not popping out of first gear I really dont think your losing your tranny. The synchro teeth are probably baffled and not grabbing the gear right. I'd defintely replace the tranny fluid soon.

Is your clutch pedal making any squeeking noises when your step on it? Usually this means you need a new clutch quadrent/cable.

When I lost my tranny it was popping out of first like crazy and grinding into every gear except 4th. I'd try not to get to heavy on 2nd gear.

thanks for all the comments!, I finally got to drive it today for about an hour..it did not grind that bad once it warmed up..The guy I bought the car off of said he put a bbk quadant in it but I havent checked..I hope it just needs adjusted..He said He put a king cobra clutch in it and said the tranny was checked out and said it was perfect..I dont think He's BSing me because he said the car starts running like crap after 4k which I fixed by getting a idle speed control and HE gave me dates on when the car changed owners(had 3 off them) and I car-faxed it and He was right on Im going to change the tranny fluid saturday..BTW, what is DM3? and how many quarts does the tranny hold? the haynes manual doesnt tell you