Gt40 heads on non roller motor ?

nelio tapia

Mar 31, 2016
Hello guys . I got a set of rebuilt fully machined gt40 heads for a good price. I am wondering will it fit on my 1983 5.0 non roller block ?
Will I need longer push rods ?
Will the flat pistons work?
Are the valve springs okay to use on a hyd flat tappet cam?
Thank you for your time any info helps.

• Sponsors (?)

fit on my 1983 5.0 non roller block ? Fit as in bolt on? yes
Will I need longer push rods ? depends on your cam/rocker selection. You will need to measure
Will the flat pistons work? depends on your cam specs/rocker selection.
Are the valve springs okay to use on a hyd flat tappet cam? depends on the specs of the springs

See above. Sorry to be vauge, but more information is needed. Think of it as a total package where everything needs to match. The heads will work, but you need to consider the matching components as well.

See above. Sorry to be vauge, but more information is needed. Think of it as a total package where everything needs to match. The heads will work, but you need to consider the matching components as well.
I was going to use the same cam that is already in the car it's unknown what is in the car right now. Also was going to take out the springs and 1.7 rr that was in the original heads and transfer them to the gt40 heads if they fit I'm not too sure. And the same pushrods.

Yes, they fit fine. I have them on one 302 and had them on my hot rod engine for several years. With bolt down rockers, to 6200 rpm numerous times.