gt40_2003wes *OFFICIAL* 2011 NFL Thread

I have a doppleganger???

I'm a Stillers fan but I have found myself watching less and less football over the past 2-3 years. Haven't watched a game yet this season (aside from a couple college games). I'm more likely to watch it with other people (at someone's house or a bar) than I am at home, and I do generally watch the playoffs and SB but that's about it :shrug: I've barely posted in this thread the last couple years too.

HMmmm WTF was that guy's name then...I'll have to go back and investigate now. He was a huge PATS fan, even his avatar was something pats. That entire season I e-fought with him about the Giants so it was even more special when not only they won, but they beat his team.

Sorry then if I incorrectly identified you as the perp. My wife's and her family are all huge Steelers fans too so I do watch them a lot and root for them.
 
I believe I saw a "RedLX" around here at one point, but whoever it was, wasn't around here for long, probably wasn't a football troll :shrug:

Stillers looked good against the Titans yesterday, sat and watched the game with my gf's dad and brother-in-law. Gives me some hope even though EVERYBODY is hurt...
 
So rumors are running around Cleveland that Peyton Hillis may be on the trading block....WTF!!:mad: If there is any truth to this, I am going to be pissed......And it not that Hillis wants to be traded.......Supposedly he may not "fit" in Pat Shurmur's offense....Really? how they hell does a bruising running back that ran for 1100 yards and 11 TD last season, has great hands, can block....How does that not fit into your offense....:nonono:

Pat Shurmur is gonna run himself out of Cleveland.
/rant
 
all kinds of rumors running around the league right now...i think it's just because there isn't a whole lot of drama going on at this point so some people are grasping at strings to try to make a story..
 
Tim Tebow to start for the Broncos!

I like Kyle Orton, but I think he's given up, and it's obvious that Tebow hasn't.

Not only that, but Chuck Norris has a Tim Tebow poster on his wall. :D
 
who would of thought Detroit would be 5-0 to start the season, heck lets see if the 49ers can break our streak next week. Can't remember the last time detroit looked this good

I heard on ESPN that the last time the Lions started 5-0 was 1956!
I'm rootin' for them. Hate to see a good fan base team losing every year. I hope the Browns do better also. Nice to see the Bills winning. Except for next week of course.
 
I heard on ESPN that the last time the Lions started 5-0 was 1956!
I'm rootin' for them. Hate to see a good fan base team losing every year. I hope the Browns do better also. Nice to see the Bills winning. Except for next week of course.

I just find it funny on how many ppl back in MI started pulling out the lions gear soon as we had a respectable team. Myself, I don't wear much Pro team stuff more of a college FB fan. I have to pull for the Wolverines because it's my home team and all, but I found myself a fan of the SEC, Alabama to be specific after I got married to my wife who is from there. They just play good ball, throughout the whole conference for the most part.
 
Hate to see a good fan base team losing every year. I hope the Browns do better also.

Me too! Personally I think Cleveland in generally has the best fans, especiilay the Browns, shoot, we haven't even been to the playoffs since 03 I believe, and that was a wildcard game that we lost., yet, they still sell out every home game. Got to love that.
I said it earlier in this thread, that the Browns are a young team with some young upcoming studs. Maybe not this year, but next year I believe they will be a contending team.

And yes, I am rooting for Detroit also, its good to see a team that has a losing record for so long finally start doing good. Man, they went 0-16 a few years ago and now look at them, lol
 
Yep, go Detroit! I'm rooting for them in Baseball and in Football since MN sports are completely pathetic. I'm sure the lesbians are loving all the attention the Linx have received as a result of the chitty Twins, Timberwolves, Vikings, and Gophers.
 

Seems like your article doesn't agree, winning brings bandwagoners...

Steelers and Eagles fans are no-brainers as top-five selections, but they seem to come at things from a much different perspective. The Steelers have had so much success over the years that fans can live through a 6-10 season without doing anything to harm themselves or others. In that respect, they take their cue from the Rooney family. I've heard Pittsburgh referred to as a "big little town," which is not something you'd say about Philadelphia. Eagles fans are just as loyal as Steelers fans, but they have a different way of showing it.

besides, that's from 3 years ago :P