Roush gTech Pro performance meter

Rick_5150

Jul 19, 2004
Seeing this product advertised a lot on TV and wondering if anyone has one and their experience using one. Also where the best place to purchase?

Rick C.
2003 SC # 313 HH Vert
NJ

• Sponsors (?)

s351rspeedster said:
Contact Mike @ Apex Motorsport. He had a few boxes full of them for sale last year........

AHH Apex motorsport. I would recommend not taking your car there!! They messed up my car there really bad. Back when I had some motor work done to it, the forgot to tune it and the car was running really really lean. Almost killed my motor.. Then they went under new management and tried to make the situation right.. I respect that, so they retuned the car and made it even worse!! Now my car is in Arizona :( But I'm getting it back this month..:D But anyways I wouldn't really trust them to much..

98 Saleen Cobra said:
AHH Apex motorsport. I would recommend not taking your car there!! They messed up my car there really bad. Back when I had some motor work done to it, the forgot to tune it and the car was running really really lean. Almost killed my motor.. Then they went under new management and tried to make the situation right.. I respect that, so they retuned the car and made it even worse!! Now my car is in Arizona :( But I'm getting it back this month..:D But anyways I wouldn't really trust them to much..

Sorry you had such a negative experience at Apex. I've heard nothing but good things from Mike and Company. Of course no one is perfect, I've heard bad stories about every aftermarket tuner.....from XMP to Chicane...... I guess everyone has some bad experiences as the world is not perfect. Hopefully the guys in AZ where your car is gets it right, otherwise what's the next step??

I would give Apex another chance only because they are the only tuner in the Bay Area that I know of. Also they were really nice guys, but just kinda screwed up my car. Well I know that they have it right now. They fixed the tuning, added the cams, shifter, a different K-member. Now the car gets 553rwhp from 2800rpm to 7350. And 538rwtq from 2500rpm to 7000rpm. And they said that with the cams and heads the car will spin up to 7800rpm. Now I would never take it that high but yea, that's what they said. And if that doesn't work I'm getting a 2k signing bonus with the USCG and when I get back from basic i'll have like 5K. So hmmm maybe a Cammer?? If my dad goes in with me.. :D I don't know though, that's just a lot of money on one car.

To answer your question they work fine. They are pretty accurate, up to 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile. I ran mine at the track and it was exactly 2 tenths off from the actual time. All in all pretty dang good for a timer in a box. I would recommend it. I like mine.:nice: