GTech

Dushkwoneshe

Nov 6, 2004
coastal sc
Is anyone still using the old original GTechPro?

How is/was the accuracy & reliability?

attachment.php

Just wonderin

j

Attachments

• gtechpro orig.bmp
    75.6 KB · Views: 179
  • Sponsors (?)

Mine gives back to back consistent times which is what you want if you are using it for tuning purposes.It will never give the same times as at a track because the method of timing is different.The G-tech starts timing the instant the vehicle starts to move, at a track the timing starts when the tire clears the beam so you get a bit of a rolling start.Also the G-tech records the speed at the end of the 1/4 mile but at a track your speed is the average speed between two markers located before and after the 1/4.

351LX said:
...what you want if you are using it for tuning purposes.

I ordered one---should be here Tues or Wed. I couldn't afford one of the new
"RR"'s rite now------maybe next year. I just got one of the orig ones from a
guy in upstate SC. Sposta be a "NEW" one, tho.

Everyone at work wants to borrow it already & I don't even have it yet.

351LX said:
Mine gives back to back consistent times which is what you want if you are using it for tuning purposes.It will never give the same times as at a track because the method of timing is different.The G-tech starts timing the instant the vehicle starts to move, at a track the timing starts when the tire clears the beam so you get a bit of a rolling start.Also the G-tech records the speed at the end of the 1/4 mile but at a track your speed is the average speed between two markers located before and after the 1/4.

Interesting, i didnt know that ! :)