GTech

Dushkwoneshe

Nov 6, 2004
coastal sc
Is anyone still using the old original GTechPro?

How is/was the accuracy & reliability?

Just wonderin

j

Attachments

• gtechpro orig.bmp
    75.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Sponsors(?)

Dr_EluSivE

Founding Member
Apr 24, 2002
Central Illinois
home.insightbb.com
i have one but the calibration was off when i first got it. its pretty accurate now after i took it apart and calibrated it. if you get one make sure and check it . All the calibration info is on the Gtech site.

Dr.

351LX

Founding Member
Jul 25, 2001
Regina, Saskatchewan
Visit site
Mine gives back to back consistent times which is what you want if you are using it for tuning purposes.It will never give the same times as at a track because the method of timing is different.The G-tech starts timing the instant the vehicle starts to move, at a track the timing starts when the tire clears the beam so you get a bit of a rolling start.Also the G-tech records the speed at the end of the 1/4 mile but at a track your speed is the average speed between two markers located before and after the 1/4.

Dushkwoneshe

Nov 6, 2004
coastal sc
351LX said:
...what you want if you are using it for tuning purposes.

I ordered one---should be here Tues or Wed. I couldn't afford one of the new
"RR"'s rite now------maybe next year. I just got one of the orig ones from a
guy in upstate SC. Sposta be a "NEW" one, tho.

Everyone at work wants to borrow it already & I don't even have it yet.

mr_woodster

Jul 28, 2003
Riverside, CA
Visit site
351LX said:
Mine gives back to back consistent times which is what you want if you are using it for tuning purposes.It will never give the same times as at a track because the method of timing is different.The G-tech starts timing the instant the vehicle starts to move, at a track the timing starts when the tire clears the beam so you get a bit of a rolling start.Also the G-tech records the speed at the end of the 1/4 mile but at a track your speed is the average speed between two markers located before and after the 1/4.

Interesting, i didnt know that ! :)