Guess how much it weighs..........

Bullitt347

I have been doing it wrong this whole time
15 Year Member
Mar 23, 2007
Middle of Maine
Before starting putting the car back together and performing the rear end suspension work ect. I decided to put my new scales to work. So with the car as you see in the pic's, how much do you think the car weighs as is?
dragcar001.jpg

dragcar003.jpg

dragcar007.jpg

No front or rear sway bars, car does have a Tremec TKO with QuickTime Bellhousing and Mcleod twin disc clutch and long block as seen in the pics, aluminum driveshaft, 8.8" rear stock/disc brakes and MAC (or BBK) lower control arms, FMS upper control arms, fuel tank with 8 gal fuel with twin external Pierburg fuel pumps/filters/AN fuel lines. Also big aluminum radiator with 3 electric cooling fans, and an evac pump. All QA1 front suspensions, K-member ect

• Sponsors (?)

The engine that is in it is a 331 stroker with main support and Canton 7 qrt "T-pan" with J302 aluminum heads and GT-40 lower............not that it matters (for sale btw)

I admire going fast and building a race car but I have to just ask the question why turn a real Saleen into a race car instead of using something else , I am a purist by no means but a Saleen I would be hesitant to turn into a full race car but everyone's car is there own. And this is just a friendly question by no means am I bashing or picking a fight

I admire going fast and building a race car but I have to just ask the question why turn a real Saleen into a race car instead of using something else , I am a purist by no means but a Saleen I would be hesitant to turn into a full race car but everyone's car is there own. And this is just a friendly question by no means am I bashing or picking a fight
1989 was the year that Steve Saleen turned out the most vehicles, so it is not a "rare car" at least by my definition. Also it is not an SSC or a convert, let alone a notch. There were far fewer of those than the hatches like mine. If it were a 92' Saleen, it would be bone stock because they only made like 14 cars in 92'. In 89' they made over 1000 of these or so. And what is a Saleen anyway, but a modified Mustang, I am just modifying it some more. :rolleyes: