Gurgle Noise coming from Air Intake tube...Help Please

Yukoncole

Aug 26, 2010
Hey Everyone,

I am on a vacation on the West Coast where I bought what was suppose to be a sweet ride to cruise the coast in for 3 weeks. I already dumped 300 into it on day 2 fixing an oil leak and now have a gurgle noise coming from the Air Intake...I pulled the tube off hte air cleaner at the MAF Sensor and the noise in coming from the tube from that point forward towards the engine! Any thoughts?? I have never heard anything like this before and it is getting louder daily!

• Sponsors (?)

FWIIW, I hear some noisy timing chains. Consider getting a mechanic's stethoscope and probe around the engine to see of the source of the noise can be isolated.

Do you hear the same gurgling noise when the intake tube is connected normally? Remember that engines make a lot of noise from air being drawn in. Look at the various silencers/resonant chambers almost every car has to reduce intake noise.

Has any modifications been done to the car? Has the square resonant box between the intake tube and the Idle Air Controller (IAC) been removed?

Consider replacing the PCV valve. Also check for vacuum leaks. Remember that even the smallest vacuum leak can cause problems.

This could be a bad IAC value itself. IMO, other things should be ruled out before replacing the IAC.

It is 100% stock! I have been reading that the Idle Air control valve can cause a noise like this....I am not getting much help from this forum though...not sure what to do as I am on vacation and covering miles everyday...Ugggg

It is 100% stock! I have been reading that the Idle Air control valve can cause a noise like this....I am not getting much help from this forum though...not sure what to do as I am on vacation and covering miles everyday...Ugggg
"Not much help from the forum." What's up with that? :bs:

I generally try not to call out ppl on this forum. Today is an exception.

Yukoncole, you open a brand new account to ask your 1st question. Within hours you get a detailed reply with concrete things to check.

Have you done any of the things suggested? Sure doesn't sound like it. You didn't even answer all of the questions asked to help narrow down a possible problem source.

Final suggestion. Save your vacation. Take the car to a professional and pay to have the work done. The forums are for DIY'ers.

I am out of here. :leaving: crapola :lock: