Guys with HID's I need help!

03_TrueBlue_GT

May 5, 2010
Houston, Tx
Ok I just recently installed some 35w 6000k Hi/Low HID's in my 2003 GT from DDM Tuning with their Apexacone Raptor kit and I love them! The only problem is that on another automotive forum that I go to this guy with a Mustang our bodystyle is saying that I will need to get the error code eliminator from them because if I dont my bulbs or ballast wont last very long. Reason he said his friend with a 2001 GT had the same kit and it happened to him, he didnt really seem to know what he was talking about because I asked him if it was the ballast, the wiring or the bulbs that go out and he didnt really give me any help. So far it has got me worried and I dont want my lights to go out after a month or so bc of this. My question is will a 1999-2004 Mustang need the error code kit and how long have y'alls kits lasted so far for you?

Thanks in advance to help aid me in this confusion!:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I've never thrown a code or had any strange sounds in my car and I have HID's head lamps and fogs and the car hasnt had any issues for 2 years now. The bulbs are still the ones that came with the kit, the balists still work 100%. On top of that I bought the cheapest ebay set that was made in china. Everyone said not to buy these and buy ones from quality web sites. Bull crap, it was all about money. To anyone looking to purchase HID's the ebay ones work! I paid $50 for each set and they have never failed or given me problems. I also bought my fogs and head lamps from different sellers at different times. I bought my fogs 2 months later.

Paying anything more than $50 a kit is a rip off. Most companies have warranties, but there pretty much useless anyways. These kits last a long time, Even if I had to replace it 2-3 times over 8-10 years it would still be cheaper than buying it online from some reputable dealer for over $200.
What funny is that my friend paid $500 for his hid head lamps and fog lamps and he's replaced them under warranty for going bad after 6 months.

We'll anyways Good luck to everyone with HIDs They look wonderful and I've loved them for years now.

I've never thrown a code or had any strange sounds in my car and I have HID's head lamps and fogs and the car hasnt had any issues for 2 years now. The bulbs are still the ones that came with the kit, the balists still work 100%. On top of that I bought the cheapest ebay set that was made in china. Everyone said not to buy these and buy ones from quality web sites. Bull crap, it was all about money. To anyone looking to purchase HID's the ebay ones work! I paid $50 for each set and they have never failed or given me problems. I also bought my fogs and head lamps from different sellers at different times. I bought my fogs 2 months later.

Paying anything more than $50 a kit is a rip off. Most companies have warranties, but there pretty much useless anyways. These kits last a long time, Even if I had to replace it 2-3 times over 8-10 years it would still be cheaper than buying it online from some reputable dealer for over $200.
What funny is that my friend paid $500 for his hid head lamps and fog lamps and he's replaced them under warranty for going bad after 6 months.

We'll anyways Good luck to everyone with HIDs They look wonderful and I've loved them for years now.

I absolutely agree 100% :nice:
I've had these cheap HIDs in my Mach for nearly 2 years and replaced one ballast although I think the issue might have been the OEM connector. So I have an extra ballast now.
We also have the cheapies in our Pathfinder - for about a year now - zero issues.
I'm going to get a set for my son's 5.0 Fox...and I'll be buying em off of EBay.

BTW, if you need individual HID parts, this is the guy I bought from. I choose him because he's here in Florida (but I have no idea who he is and have no affiliation with him). http://motors.shop.ebay.com/pminotto/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

I might have to look into getting an HID kit now. Are these things hard to install?

They were a little difficult but everthing is plug and play, meaning you just plug in corresponding wires. The hard part was finding a good spot to mount the ballast's and where to mount the wiring harness... I put my wiring harness underneath the engine cover where it sits over the pony emblem, and the ballasts (I know this one sounds bad but I have nowhere else to put it) I put one on the battery and then the other underneath the intake but I have a BBK cai so idk if the stock air intake will allow this or not...
So far everything has been working for a month now..
:D