Guys with Trick Flow Twisted Wedge post here

Slow5.0

Feb 13, 2003
Portland, OR
I getting TFS Twisted Wedge in a few days , I wandering what kinda cam you guys have with TFS Twisted Wedge
And what kinda valve covers you have because I heard stock steal valve covers doesn't fit on TFS Twisted Wedge

• Sponsors (?)

sirsureshot39 said:
stock valve covers here...just chrome

Yeah, but they are fox body VC's... our stockers are different. To run fox VC's on our cars the oil fill neck needs bent and the EGR attachement point on the inlet elbow often needs ground down a little.

i need to change my sig, I have a steeda custom grind #19 if I remember the reciept I found in the car correctly. My VC's are crappy chrome ones that are dented on the one side from that egr schwag, I would like to get the powdercoat black TF VC's.

I have the sTeeda #19 cam. I also have the stock valve covers. I had to take them off and ding them out in the center alittle with a hammer (my TF 1.7 rockers were hitting), but you cant tell that I midified the VC's at all.

If you want the best cam, get a hold of Ed. The Steeda #19 is a good computer friendly cam though. Other cams I am sure can generate more HP.

zenboy99 said:
FTI custom cam and "massaged" stock valve covers with Pro Magnum rockers.

Seth, definitely go with a custom cam, the little extra money is definitely worth it.

I have to agree. Should put you over 300 RWHP. Just look at the sig's and times on this site alone. FTI is proven.

17yrOldStanger said:
Ed Curtis cam with Fox valve covers

Seth, I have a NICE!!! set of Fox valve covers if you want a pair. Ive been trying to get rid of them for awhile. They wouldent work w/ my set up b/c my Paxton bracket sits back futher then the Vortech bracket does so the fox ones had clearence issues.

stage 1 cam will give the most for right
now cause it has the right lift and
duration. stage two cam is for tfs
ported heads and good pistons
if you are using your stock pistons dont waste your time
with a bigger cam. remember bigger is not always better.

richiet said:
stage 1 cam will give the most for right
now cause it has the right lift and
duration. stage two cam is for tfs
ported heads and good pistons
if you are using your stock pistons dont waste your time
with a bigger cam. remember bigger is not always better.

Uh, no! I used to run a stage 1 cam and car ran decent. Now I run a "bigger cam" and its faster and makes more power under the curve. The stage 1 cam doesnt have anywhere near the right lift and duration. Yeah, it works decent with the tfs combo for the avg enthusiest, but i'll take my "bigger" faster cam over it anyday. Its an FTI custom :)