H Pipe Installation Problem

97ponygt

Sep 3, 2008
I've gotten every bolt off of the mid pipe except the bottom one of the passenger side. Does anybody have any tips or tricks on how to get this off? It just seems like it is physically impossible to take any angle without having to take something off first. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry, Got all the "Nuts" off but the one. Needs to be a deep well socket because of the stud bolt but with all the combinations I have the socket wont fully fit on the nut.

I was lucky when I changed mine. My friend is a mechanic and has every tool ever made (or so it seems).

He had a couple bits on to get that particular bolt. A couple extensions and a "joint" thing. Sorry for the technical terms, the only tool I know how to use is the ignition key.

i had a very hard time doing that also. it got to the point where i just cut my h pipe in front of the converter. made it easier to get to the bolt. but now if i want to run my h pipe again i have to weld it together.

Use a mid depth socket if you have some. There is a way to get in there, its just tough. Usually a nice 3/8 swivel and a deep well will do it. Come from underneath at a big angle so you can snake it all in there, use pb blaster to make sure it comes free and doesn't pull you stud out (thats what mine did and now its a pita).