Had a really fun weekend instructing a student on a race track

MFE92

10 Year Member
Aug 25, 2010
Phoenix
I'm instructing for NASA AZ, and he was a first-timer driving a 2011 STI. Great car, really good student, but I'll tell ya what, these kids these days have NO idea how good they have it with ABS and Hand-of-God Stability control. :rlaugh: He got all out of shape a couple times, then fixed it nicely. I asked him one time, was that you, or was that the stability control? "Stability control". "Lucky".

Here I am working my ass off to catch him after he's only been on track for 6 20-minute sessions. This was his 2nd solo session. We did a lead/follow the next time out but my camera didn't work. Our cars weigh just about the same, he's got about 10-15 hp on me, and AWD of course. Those cars make average drivers fast and fast drivers reallyfast.

NASA FIR West 11-5-11 student.wmv - YouTube

• Sponsors (?)

I might hit you up about me and the lady improving our driving ability, let me know if you're ever up at willow springs, I have lots of family in peoria so maybe i'll cruise out there with the car one of these days. I know my car is alot faster then i am.

Your driving makes your car seem like it has twice the power it does. Very nice. I'm jealous. We have nothing even slightly resembling a road course here in NY. I'll have to settle for Pocono or Lime Rock when the time comes. :(